Tivo and SunRocket VOIP - Working Now!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by CatScratch, Nov 26, 2005.

1. CatScratch

CatScratch New Member

Nov 26, 2005

Advertisements

All,

Thanks to some tips and discussion on this forum, I was able to get my Philips DSR-708 Tivo Directv unit working through Sunrocket Internet phone service.

First, let me say Sunrocket is fantastic service. I have been extremely pleased with their service and product.

Anyway.

Following a tip I saw in another thread - here are the dial settings:

Set Dial In Number: (Just choose your local area code or previous local #) it doesn't matter what is in here

Set Dial Prefix: 7039409705,,,,,

Set Call Waiting Prefix: None

Set Tone/Pulse: Tone

Set Phone Available Detect: Off

Set Dial Tone Detector: Off

This works because it basically gets a dial tone, and send the "Dial Prefix" before it tries to dial the actual number. The (703) 940-9705 is the local dial in number for Tivo in Falls Church VA. (This is where Sunrocket patches the internet calls through to the actual real phone lines - at their HQ in Virginia). It must be the cleanest connection - but for some reason it works fine.

Hope this helps anyone else out their who is having issues. Mine finally works now.

PS I am also using the RCA Modem/Phone extender using the wall outlets - so that makes it even harder to get a clean signal.

Cheers.

2. TivoGuy30

TivoGuy30 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    is Sunrocket located in VA? if it is, then it's because there's less hops between the Tivo & Sunrocket. where as a numbers that are further away are longer hops, and take too long. that's why the Tivo looses it's connection.

3. Jotas

Jotas Got TV?

Mar 19, 2005
    flaVAtown
    I just mentioned in another post that I was having problems with my new HR10-250 in attempting to maintain a connection even though my R-10 connects fine.

I'll give this a shot. Thanks for your post!

4. opie

opie New Member

Nov 9, 2001
    Hey Jotas - did it work with your HR10?

5. seanmcgpa

seanmcgpa Directv Joyrider

Jul 1, 2002
    Philadelphia

Advertisements

This has stopped working for me about a month ago. I have Sunrocket and two HR10-250's. Anyone else get it working and if so, shed some light?

Thanks!

6. chazcbh

chazcbh New Member

Nov 19, 2004
    I had the HR10 250 installed yesterday and it just start downloading and then fail. I then tried to make the daily call on my SD samsung direct tivo and it just fails to connect. I have not had a problem with the old one in months.

7. hoopsrgreat

hoopsrgreat New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    california
    I have been away too long. Exactly what does this do? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Thanks

8. dmk1974

dmk1974 DA BEARS!!!

Mar 7, 2002
    Cary, IL
    So...anyone with success and if so, how?

9. soviski

soviski New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Hi all, I am looking for the cheapest VoIP phone instrument which can work without pc. I am having ADSL connection at home and looking for VoIP phone instrument which can work without having pc started. What could be the best option to buy? I have friends and relatives in US and UK and can ask them to bring things from there. Let me know cheapest solution possible.