Tivo and HDtv

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Aurelien21, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Aurelien21

Aurelien21 New Member

Jan 21, 2006

Advertisements

I know people posted about this already, but I want to hookup my tivo to my HDtv, I know you cant record HD shows on the tivo.. (Do not want to record HD show on my tivo) Could someone please drew a picture showing me how to hook up my tivo to a HDtv cable box? Please!!!!!

P :( lease, Thank you!!!!

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    You should be able to hook up your HD cable box to your Tivo just like you would a regular cable box. What brand/model HD cable box do you have? Just hook up the cable box video output (either SVideo or composite yellow RCA video) to the Tivo's matching video input. Then hook up the analog audio (red/white RCA cable) from the cable box to the Tivo's matching audio input. The challenge might be getting your Tivo to control channel changes on the HDTV cable box since it might not know how to communicate with the cable box. Look up your cable box here ....

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128743

Also review the connection diagrams in your Tivo manual and here ....

http://customersupport.tivo.com/subjects.asp?path=0,0&#_SettingUpMyTiVoDVR

3. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    When I used to have a SA3100HD cable box (I now have the 8300HD with built-in DVR) it had no problems changing the channel using the IR blaster. The HD channels even showed up in the TiVo's Guide programming.

The problem is that with the 3100, HD programs were broadcast in HD only; the box didn't have the downconversion capability of the 8000HD/8300HD required to record the program using any TiVo or DVD recorder that's been released in the US so far.