TIVO and DISH Network

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tthor71, Jul 18, 2007.

1. tthor71

tthor71 New Member

May 27, 2005

Advertisements

Ok, currently have a lifetime subscription on a Series 2 TIVO (single tuner) on basic cable. I now want to switch to DISH Network and thier 2 room DVR. I only have 2 TV's in the house, is my TIVO now useless? Can I set it up somehow to benefit me, or should I be selling it on Ebay?

I do NOT have a HDTV

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    If your TiVo is a single tuner Series 2 and you get good OTA reception you could use your Tivo for OTA only and save $5/mo on your Dish bill (locals costs $5 extra). Also you might want to hold onto your TiVo to see if there is some deal to move your lifetime subscription to the upcoming Series 3 "light". The reason for this would be to use a Series 3 for OTA digital/HD locals, which most people can not get through dish (Also OTA HD is higher quality than dish or direct HD).

Good Luck,

3. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    There is another Deal in the works to transfer your Lifetime to a Series 3 Lite when they come out.

atmuscarella has pointed it out perfectly. You could always wait until the Series 3 Lite comes out, transfer your lifetime to that, then sell the Series 2 on EBay, or you could just sell the Series 2 with lifetime on EBay now.