TIVo and Digiguide

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by catflap, Apr 13, 2011.

1. catflap

catflap New Member

Oct 30, 2008
    I have often seen mention of recording from Digiguide by "right clicking on a programme and selecting record to TIVo". I do not see this option in Digiguide so I wonder if it is just some American thing and that the normal Digiguide software does not do it. Just grasping at straws really trying to find a way to continue to use TIVo after 1st June!! Going to miss so many programs without TIVo looking out for them for me!

2. irrelevant

irrelevant Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Salford, UK
    I assume it's a US thing, or at least linked to the later software versions. There isn't any remote-record option for the (very old!) UK TiVos.

All is not lost, however, there is work going on creating an alternate EPG for our TiVos, and such a facility would be something that we could add at a later stage.

3. DB70+

DB70+ New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Nr Reading
  4. catflap

catflap New Member

Oct 30, 2008
    I do not see the option in the Digiguide software I recently signed up for and downloaded. Is there some different version out there I should be looking for? Does this option only appear when the TIVo is on the network? I assumed it would be there and that I would get an error message when I clicked on it because the PC could not see the box.

5. DB70+

DB70+ New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Nr Reading
    You need to install Digiguide Search v2.4 script etc into Tivoweb as per my last pointer.

It works well

D

6. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    There's a file or two that needs copying into your digiguide directory too,
    check the last page of the link DB70+ gave you for the latest version
    looks like this:

[​IMG]

7. catflap

catflap New Member

Oct 30, 2008
    OK thanks. Only just picked up, (on Ebay), the TIVo with the network card and TivoWeb installed so have never used that software. I never considered upgrading my TIVo that I have been using for years until TIVo decided to stop supplying the EPG from 1st June. It seemed logical that there should be a way to access TIVo through Digiguide, and I thought it was easier to pick up a TIVo that somebody had already upgraded, than fiddle around trying to do it myself.

Could be a bit of a learning curve, I think!

8. DB70+

DB70+ New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Nr Reading

9. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    that reminds me - I must publish the mods I made to get Digiguide working with TivoWeb Plus 2.1 .....