TiVo Amazon Roamio OTA w/PLS NO DEAL?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by standupguy, Dec 2, 2015.

1. standupguy

standupguy New Member

Dec 2, 2015

Advertisements

Just to make people aware: Amazon sold a unit with lifetime sub. for $299, and twice the units I received did NOT have any service on them! This is not the only case of this happening. What can we do about this? Amazon says they are working on it. Tivo says they can sell me a replacement for $600. It sounds like it was a popular deal and somebody wants to back out of it once they found out how much more money was to be made!

2. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    How many times are you going to post your conspiracy theory/rant?! The world is not against you. Simply stated (from what I can tell), Amazon screwed up.

Either:

1) Amazon did not activate the lifetime on the lifetime-designated units provided to them by TiVo before shipping it out to you. Therefore, everything in and on the box indicates lifetime, but TiVo will not activate lifetime unless it is done by the initial customer (Amazon) or you pay TiVo their standard lifetime (All-in) service fee.

or

2) Amazon shipped you a monthly-designated unit instead of a lifetime-designated unit.

Now, I'm not certain why these procedures at so complicated, but they are what TiVo and Amazon have established.

3. standupguy

standupguy New Member

Dec 2, 2015
    As many times as it takes to get results for me and all the others this has happened to! I just hooked up the 3rd one (2 received almost a month apart) and it is the same!
    Instead of becoming part of the problem, why don't you help us out!? The more people aware, the faster things will change.

4. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    I would like to hear your logic about how I am part of the problem.

I have no obligation or desire to contact your supplier (Amazon) on your behalf to solve your issue.

Yes, but if that is what you want to accomplish, posting "If you have experienced this problem, please contact Amazon to complain" is all that is necessary.

5. HD_Dude

HD_Dude I Want HD in my Car

Sep 11, 2006
    Washington, DC

Advertisements

I bought an OTA with lifetime service from Amazon in late October. $299.

And, in fact, it is an OTA with lifetime service.

Which is just to say, not everyone has had the same problem.

6. elborak

elborak Jack of Some Trades

Jul 15, 2014
    Western PA...
    You've just joined and posted 16 posts, all on the exact same subject.

Great way to get help, that.