Tivo + activation/"opt in"

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tommage1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008

Advertisements

I never tried Tivo + as I did not want to "opt in" to the privacy thing. However I recently purchased a couple used Tivos with lifetime. Seems both "opted in" at some time as I can watch Tivo + without agreeing to the terms. I have not transferred them to my account yet. My question is, if I transfer to my account would I be "opted in" to Tivo + on my account? I don't want to be. So if I would automatically be "opted in" on my account how could I "opt out" of Tivo + on devices that were "opted in" by previous owners? Roamio OTA and 500GB Edge by the way.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You have to call TiVo to transfer them to your account, you should ask them while you're on the phone. I'm pretty sure they can opt them out for you.

tommage1 likes this.
  3. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I hope so. I may just keep them on old accounts for awhile to test a few things, including Tivo + (they had some nice old Sinbad movies the other day.) The OTA has prerolls so am stuck with them until I do transfer to my acct so I can opt out of prerolls, the Edge doesn't have them.