TiVo’s not seeing each other

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by rscar627, Nov 27, 2018.

1. rscar627

rscar627 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pasadena MD

Advertisements

All of a sudden, I believe in the last 24 hours, my Bolts are not seeing the Roamio but only each other. However, the Roamio is seeing both Bolts. I tried restarting to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Reboot boxes and network.

3. rscar627

rscar627 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pasadena MD
    Thank you. I tried that last night and it didn’t work but all is good now. Maybe something happened when they phoned home.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    If you ever get the issue where they think they can't see the network, try the UI restart.. I only found out about this recently..
    From TiVo Central, try:
    Thumbs Down
    Thumbs Up
    Play
    Play

Even though one Tivo is right on top of the other, connected to the same router, the Roamio thinks the network goes away sporadically.. (I even got the switch that does have a flaky power supply connection out of the variables, and it still happens..) If I just wait, it eventually fixes. But recently, I found out about the above, and can just do that, and the Roamio comes back and it fixes the problem.

ugh, it thinks this whole post is center justified.. editing and changing it isn't fixing it.. weird..

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Usually I get that when there's a TCF XenForo timeout. Re-enter the post or refresh fixes the problem.

6. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Unplug tuning adaptor and reseat cable card too if nothing else works...