1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tito dead

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by kenrock, Jan 18, 2016.

1. kenrock

kenrock New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Hi,
    I bought my Thomson Scenium Tivo Model PVR10UK about 15 years ago and I updated the hard drive about five years ago. I have used a Virgin Media tivo as the main unit for the last few years though the original tivo still recorded golf programmes every week from a freesat receiver ... until I powered the tivo down and moved it to another room! It is now completely dead - no front panel lights, no fan running - nothing. The mains supply is getting to the unit, there are no signs of damage to the power board, no smells and the 3A fuse is OK.
    I really want to keep the unit running - if not for all the golf programmes on it -but after 15 years, is it possible to get a replacement power board, if, indeed, that is the problem? Can I transfer the hard disk drive to another tivo? If so, what model? I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Obviously, trying to locate a possible faulty component is not feasible on this thread but there might be stock faults for this model.
    Many thanks, Ken Rock

2. staffie2001uk

staffie2001uk New Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Preston,...
    Hi Ken,

I think that TiVoLand are still selling PSUs - http://www.tivoland.com/spares/index.html

I have a spare, that I'm not likely to use, as my S1 is now in a box in the loft.
    I'm on my holidays at the moment, but if you can't source one, I can look it out when I get home and we can sort something out.

Regards,

Colin.

3. Wil

Wil Senile Member

Sep 26, 2002
    ... and I heard Franco is in ill health.

4. sjp

sjp Active Member

Oct 22, 2001
    London, UK
    But did anybody have the cajones to tell him?

5. Damion2

Damion2 New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I have two TiVos I want to go to a good home, I only just posted about it.

tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10769464#post10769464

6. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2006
    I thought Tito Jackson had joined his brother......whew...

7. kenrock

kenrock New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Many thanks for replying to my query.
    I appear to have given rise to some humour since whilst I am aware of the difference between Tito and TiVo, my computer isn't! I found, too late, that whilst the contents of the message can be edited, the title cannot.
    I am grateful for the information about Tivoland and I will act on it as soon as possible.
    Regards, Ken Rock

8. Damion2

Damion2 New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    So... do you want my free tivos ? I'm new to the forum so can't PM you.

9. kenrock

kenrock New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Hello Damion2,
    Many thanks for your generous offer. I have just ordered a new PSU board from Tivoland just in case the fault lies there. I would be most interested in them but I would not wish to deprive anyone else of them. I live in south Wales - where are you based?
    Regards, Ken Rock

10. Damion2

Damion2 New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I'm in central London. Nobody has claimed them yet

11. gamo62

gamo62 Member

Oct 12, 2002
    I hope Jermaine and Randy are ok.