Title not available after FCC repack

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by r11roadster, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Apr 1, 2018 #1 of 10
    r11roadster

r11roadster High templar

Oct 23, 2006
    Had a few channels move today with the FCC repack. Neither of my tivos have any of the guide data in the new slot and the channels still exist in the old slot. I have tried forcing a connection and went as far as redoing the guided set up on one of them. Anyone else seeing this? Not like this wasn't announced months ago.

2. Apr 1, 2018 #2 of 10
    dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    What on earth is an "FCC repack"?
    I like to think I have a clue and I've never heard of it, is this related to something your cable company is trying to blame somebody else for?
    :)

3. Apr 1, 2018 #3 of 10
    longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    This is for OTA only where stations are switching to a different frequency to get everybody under a certain UHF channel (I am not sure of the exact channel). Once this is done that band of high UHF will be removed from TV broadcast use and turned over to cellular data

dianebrat likes this.
  4. Apr 1, 2018 #4 of 10
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Spectrum reallocation - Wikipedia

It's not having any direct impact on my area. There have been some quality issues due to sharing and muxing. A cable company can't make a signal better, only worse.

dianebrat likes this.
  5. Apr 2, 2018 #5 of 10
    jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Per the internet, one curious repack of RF's is KTLA in Los Angeles, 31 to 35. But KCBS loses 43 to go to 31. Why not have KCBS go from 43 to 35 and leave KTLA at 31 ?
    RabbitEars.Info

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  6. Apr 2, 2018 #6 of 10
    dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    That makes sense, and since I don't follow OTA news that explains the other half, because boy was I stumped on that, TYVM guys.

7. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    My local CW station was repacked in the current phase just within the last week. A re-scan of the channels has added the new station, but like the OP from last year, the channel information and the guide data remain with the old channel. Accordingly, the few shows I record on the CW won't get picked up.

I've forced several network connections, hoping that the updated data would come down, but nope. Will this eventually correct itself?

8. pfiagra

pfiagra Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    I have found that it takes a day or two for the guide to correct itself.

You can read about my experience in my replies on this thread: Network Frequency Change Not Picked Up by Re-Scan

cmontyburns likes this.
  9. babsonnexus

babsonnexus Member

Jan 13, 2016
    You should also put in a ticket with TiVO. I had to do this recently and they turned it around quickly. However, no one at TiVO is watching the repack dates when they happen, so someone in the market has to alert them. If you live in a large market, someone else may do this, but if you live in a small or medium market I wouldn't wait on it to update itself.

TiVO will ask you for this:

10. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Thanks. I did put in a ticket last night with hopefully the needed details. I live in a very large market so I would be surprised if no one reported it previously, but at least they know now.

ETA: Ha, not five minutes after posting this, I received an email from TiVo that the lineup change I reported has been completed.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 3:20 PM