Time Warner West Hollywood Channel Rebuild

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by hdabe, Feb 22, 2007.

1. hdabe

hdabe New Member

Jan 22, 2007

Advertisements

Hi everyone. First time poster. I'll ask the quick questions first for those who don't want the longer version.

If Time Warner won't send me a new channel line up, how do I determine which of the channel lineups TIVO offers me is the right one?

What if none of TIVO's offered channel lineups match what I'm actually receiving? It seems I can either pick a lineup that's correct on 1-99 and wrong with the other channels or vice versa.

Is there a way to manually assign stations to channels one by one?

The longer version starts with the insanity of getting my 95 year old Grandma, Mollie, a TIVO. She'd been crying, literally crying, at the loss of her VCR which didn't work in LA as it did in Florida. (Don't remember the reason for that, but she simply couldn't program it as she had.) Anyhow, despite my family insisting that she'd never get it and that she'd make me drive my car into the ocean I bought her one. Perhaps not surprisingly, when I showed her that she could pause Larry King while she went to the bathroom her reaction was to cry.

This is what she said: "You mean, Larry King's waiting for me? So that I can go to the bathroom? What's he doing while I'm in there? I feel so important!"

There are other gems, but I'll just have you all know that with a little patience, okay, alot of patience, it is possible to teach a 95 year old woman who has never operated a computer in her life to operate a TIVO.

Anyhow, if you've read this far you may be more sympathetic to my plight. Mollie's got it all down, but now because of Time Warner I can't align the channels with the TIVO so she can't record shows from the TV guide as she had been before the channel rebuild.

BTW - I hate Time Warner. They are rude and incompetent. It's now been over 30 days and about 12 phone calls to get them to send us the channel rebuild listing and it still hasn't arrived.

2. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    I'm assuming you have a TiVo and TiVo service subscription. When you run Guided Setup correctly your channel lineup should be handled automatically by the TiVo based on the zip code you entered. You can rerun Guided Setup if it's not correct. If you are still having lineup problems, go here.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    You can check lineups online at the Media Tribune Services website: http://Zap2It.com

4. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    The TWC website has channel lineups for every area. The WeHo lineup is current as of 2/1/07.