Time Warner vs. DirecTV

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bigjoeystud, Aug 30, 2008.

1. bigjoeystud

bigjoeystud New Member

Aug 30, 2008

Advertisements

So I just got an HD tv and now need to upgrade my old DirecTV Tivo DVR to something HD capable. I called DirecTV to upgrade and they wanted to retain me saying they would give me an HD DVR free for 12 months, $10 for 12 months, and HBO/Starz free for 3 months, but I wouldn't get installed until the end of September.

Time Warner has a thing where I can combine my high-speed internet and cable for $90. Adding the DVR costs $10.

As happy as I am with DTV, I am really considering switching. Is there anything wrong with TWC that I should know about?

Thanks in advance!

2. Fezmid

Fezmid New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I don't think that they have NFL Network (not Superfan, but the actual network).

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    If cost is really important, then do what you need to do.
    But if you want quality/quantity, then stay with DirecTV.

4. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    Depends on your cable provider and how you measure quality and quantity. My cable provider gives me with better quality on most of my channels than I had with DirecTV. I also have more HD movies and many more content choices overall with my cable provider and TiVo.

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

Each locale's cable provider is different. But DirecTV is the same across the country.

Here, TWC is doing better with HD, but it doesn't compare to DirecTV.