Time Warner Cable Lincoln NE Tuning Adapter Failure

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by HTH, Apr 2, 2011.

1. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    I experienced failure of both my Tuning Adapters this evening (Friday), causing every recording to fail until they were manually restarted. It affected both my Series3 and my TiVo HD. I'm looking for confirmation from others that theirs also failed, perhaps a concerted visit to TWC tomorrow?

My list of failed recordings:
    • 147 TOONHD Batman: The Brave and the Bold "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases" (no repeats)
    • 222 HUB Transformers Prime "Con Job"
    • 147 TOONHD Star Wars: The Clone Wars "Padawan Lost; Wookie Hunt"
    • 111 KOLNDT Chaos "Pilot" (no repeats)
    • 111 KOLNDT CSI: NY "Identity Crisis" (no repeats)
    • 143 BBCAHD Law & Order: UK "Help"
    • 415 HBOHD Real Time With Bill Maher "Author Randy Cohen"
    • 157 SYFYHD Merlin "Coming of Arthur" Part 1 of 2
    I recommend that anyone who has two TiVos to run one without the Tuning Adapter and use it for channels that don't require one so that programming that does not require it will not fail to record when the Tuning Adapter fails again.

My list of Title Wishlists for missed episodes is continuing to grow. Some of them will never air again, and if so only in SD syndication.

2. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Ask for new tuning adapters and a refund for the next cable bill since you can't receive all the channels you are paying for.

3. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    LOL!!! Should I have asked for a refund for the January 1st outage of NBC which was showing the Rose Bowl? (back when it was Pac 10 vs Big 10) Never will get a refund.