Time Warner Austin self install ginuea pig

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dpratt, Aug 12, 2011.

1. dpratt

dpratt New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Austin, TX

Advertisements

I am currently on hold with Time Warner Austin (been on the phone for 45 minutes so far) attempting to activate the cable card and tuning adapter that moved from my old Tivo HD to my new Preimere XL.

So far, I've been asked for 'The Serial Number On the Tivo that starts with SAB'. Took me a few minutes, but what he really was looking for was the serial number on the TA. Okay, we got past that hurdle. After reading off the CableCARD ID and Host ID, I've been placed in hold music limbo, and nothing works yet.

I am valiantly falling on my sword for the rest of you - hopefully they'll figure this out and turn it into a 5 minute process instead of a 2 hour one.

2. dpratt

dpratt New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Update: After just over an hour on the phone, it looks like everything is working.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    TW does have a dedicated number for cablecard activations. I picked up several cablecards and tuning adapters (which they activated in the office) from my local office a few days ago. All I had to do was call the dedicated cablecard number and it took all of 10 minutes to get it working.

4. pmiranda

pmiranda Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    rainwater: are you in Austin? I'm about to pick up a new premiere and was hoping to not need a truck roll to get it working. (The TA I have for my S3 is dead and it only has S-cards, so I can't pull the same trick as dpratt.)

5. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas

Advertisements

Call the cable card hotline for TWC at 1-866-606-5889 and they will pair it up for you.