Time Warner Austin - Odd lineup change

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kaseyjohns, Oct 1, 2010.

1. kaseyjohns

kaseyjohns New Member

Sep 27, 2001
    Austin, TX

Advertisements

Woke up to something odd on my Premiere this morning - my S3 isn't showing it yet, but I imagine it will once it makes its daily call.

I'm on Time Warner Austin, zip 78729. Several channels were updated to new call letters - nothing actually moved around, which is the odd part:

36 APL became ANL01 (also on 234)
    52 ESPN became ESPNL01 (also on 410 and 1635)
    53 ESPN2 became TWESPN2 (also on 411 and 1636)
    68 FX became FXAST (also on 515)
    435 NBATV became NBATWA

What's even worse is that in a couple of cases (namely 435 and 1635), the original channels are still mapped. So I have two 435's and two 1635's. The first one comes up with a "Channel not provided by the Tuning Adapter" message. If I hit channel up (to the second version), then it tunes in just fine.

Is anybody else seeing this or am I the lucky one? My first question is WHY... this has effectively killed my season passes on ESPN and FX. Looking at the guide data, there's nothing different about the "new" lineup.

2. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Tivo (or zap or whoever) did some weird stuff like that earlier this year and its stuck. For example, ESPN became ORLESPN, TNT became ORLTNT, and TBS became ORLTBS. The ORL prefix stands for Orlando as indicated in their guide data for ESPN "Special Edit for Orlando." When they did this TBS and TNT totally disappeared from Tivo (S2 at the time) for a week after I called Tivo to inform them they were missing so you might want to check that you have all your channels still. Those ORL prefixes stick to this day.

3. allietx

allietx New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Austin, TX
    just realized this is what caused our fx shows not to record! so annoying!! also TWC in the 78729.

4. Welshdog

Welshdog Tivo this, punk!

Jan 3, 2005
    So we just noticed that TWC deleted FXAST an added FX back in - and naturally it caused some of our SPs to not work. We also noticed that Tivo had created an extra SP so that we had one for FXAST and one for FX. Didn't seem to help since several of our SPs were indicating they would not record as expected.

Deleting the FXAST SPs.

5. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Advertisements

Was this about the time channel 24 went off air?