Time is Off?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by diceman719, Oct 5, 2007.

1. diceman719

diceman719 New Member

May 19, 2006
    On both my SA TIVOs (DT and 540), my Season Pass recordings are starting at least a minute or two too soon - and cutting off the last minute or two of the shows!

This just started happening a week or so ago, and it *seems* to be a Time synch problem...
    (I'm on Comcast in S. Florida, if that matters...)
    The clock on my Digital Box looks fine, but the DT TIVO starts and stops early - the 540 has a plain Coax attached and also starts and stops early - all of a sudden...

Am I the only one?
    Is there anything I can do about it besides going through all my SPs and padding them (which will cause conflicts)?

Thanks,

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Is the time correct on the TiVos?

3. diceman719

diceman719 New Member

May 19, 2006
    According to S-P-S-9-S they're both correct...
    (At least they are today, I didn't think to check earlier)

I was just curious if it was an isolated incident or an issue with TIVO's servers during an update or something...
    I'm still on 8.3 on both units, so I knew 9.1 wasn't the problem!
    :)

I'll see if it happens again, and will pad the SPs if necessary...

Thanks,

4. theeric

theeric New Member

Jul 14, 2007

All of my shows, every single one, starts a minute early and three minutes late. SPS9S has the time as correct to within seconds.
    It's annoying. Any help?

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Starting early and ending late sounds like you've got padding on each end. Go into recording options and change it.

6. hdmccloud

hdmccloud New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Hi, you are not the only ones with timing issues, I posted a question last evening, can't find it now. My Tivo will run up to 30 minutes late. It is a refurbished one which replaced one that died. I figure that the "internal" clock is off. When it hooks up with Tivo daily, that should solve the problem, but is still exits.

I have tried all of the trouble shooting that support tech suggested, with the resetting and restarting. Any ideas from any of you would be appreciated. Thanks

7. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I have an S2DT and a S2ST and as far as I can tell the timers are accurate (I compare the TiVo displayed time with that on my Comcast box and on the morning news). Perhaps it's a hardware tolerance issue?