Three way conflict tonight

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aus1ander, Sep 25, 2008.

1. aus1ander

aus1ander New Member

Sep 17, 2004

Advertisements

I didn't realize this until just now, and was able to correct it by getting my other DVR to record the third show but...

There is a potential three way conflict tonight with three popular shows:
    Survivor is two hours tonight (8pm to 10pm ET).
    Kitchen Nightmares is two hours tonight (8pm to 10pm ET).
    The Office is one hour tonight (9pm to 10pm ET).

Hopefully everybody else noticed this, because I didnt!

2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'd say there is definitely a three-way conflict with popular shows, but it definitely does not include Kitchen Nightmares.

3. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    4 tuners should be mandatory for all dtv customers :)

4. reh523

reh523 New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    :up::up:

5. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York

Advertisements

and the conflict was Survivor being 2 hours - Grey's Anatomy being 2 hours and Supernatural crossing over both of them. The Office and that other show - not even on my radar :)

6. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Umm, this thread isn't in the Season Pass Alerts forum. Somebody has a TV conflict and wants to mention it; this is the forum for TV.

My three way conflict tonight was the 2nd hour of Survivor conflicted with The Office and the first hour of Grey's Anatomy. I let the TiVo handle Survivor and Grey's; I imagine I'll Hulu the Office, or else download it.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey

Actually this would qualify as a SP Alert since Survivor will normally air at 8-9 and KN from 9-10. Tonight both were airing from 8-10.

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Dump Survivor and KN and you're good to go for the season!

:)

9. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Amateur. I had a FIVE way conflict last night. :D

Survivor
    Kitchen Nightmares
    My Name is Earl
    Ugly Betty
    Smallville

I actually had to figure out how to work my god-awful FiOS DVR for the first time.

10. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    In a few more days that thread title could get confusing. :)

I think the date should be included in the thread title.

But, in reference to the problem, all the more reason to have more than one DVR. :D

11. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    technically there IS a 3 way conflict tonight..and every night...think about it

12. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Slightly fixed for my own situation, though I'd swear that I too had as many as 5 programs being recorded.... I just can't recall what the 5th one was.

Despite my general hatred of CBS for their football/60 minutes scheduling issues on Sunday nites, I did want to check out the first episode of Survivor filmed in HD, so I had that one on.

Kitchen Nightmares and My Name is Earl were both going to be caught too, and I was also flipping back and forth a bit to see if I could get an udpate on whether or not the Nationals were going to be rained out or not.

FiOS DVR here (which I share the same thoughts about) got 2 tuners worth, DirecTV DVR got 2 tuners worth as well, and I had the MCE box showing me programming too....

Gotta love the networks for jamming Thursday nights full of programs all competing for my viewing.

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I had 3 way conflict with Survivor, My Name is Earl and Smallville. I haven't watched Survivor since Australia. I added it because I wanted to see it in HD. I'm just going to get Earl off the interwebs.

14. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    That's easy. None of those shows are worth recording. simply delete all three SP and there is no problem. Sorry, couldn't resist.;)

15. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Exactly. Personally I find Monday night much more problematic. Last year it was so bad that I gave up on watching "Chuck" or "Aliens in America" even before they started.