Three tivos one entertainment center...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Skinny Kid, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Skinny Kid

Skinny Kid But my girl is phat!

Jun 30, 2003
    Durand, Mi
    I have been having a hell of a time getting this to work guys. I have a series one, series two, and series three. The problem is... the tivo remote seems to control all of them at the same time. I can not get it to not control the other two while controlling the one I want to control.

WHAT GIVES?

I have done a search and have found nothing.

2. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Did you try reading the owner's manual that came with your Tivo? It contains detailed instructions for setting up each Tivo with a unique IR codeset to avoid such conflicts.

3. Skinny Kid

Jun 30, 2003
    Durand, Mi
    I didn't get anything except the tivo box with all of my purchases. No cables, no remotes, nothing. I had to buy a Harmony 880 to even be able to control these things.

4. Skinny Kid

Jun 30, 2003
    Durand, Mi
    Anyways... Thanks atmuscarella

1. MENU> MESSAGES & SETUP> SYSTEM INFO

2. scroll down to REMOTE ADDRESS

3. point the remote away from the receiver, press and hold PAUSE & TIVO(or DIRECTV key) until the red light remains on

4. press one of the #'s on the remote between 1-9( or if a Sony 1-3), that changes the remote to a new address.

5. now point the remote towards the receiver, press the right directional button, this changes the receiver.

Never leave one tivo on any part of the INFO screen, when using remote for another, it will change to that remotes address.

5. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    The manuals are available for download. It doesn't matter which model you pick to download because the process for changing the remote codes is identical for all of them with only a slight variation for the S1 Sonys.

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    The lack of a manual is not the OP's problem, so get off of it.

The problem here is no oem remotes, you can't switch the tivo to alternate addresses without one. And the 880 needs to see one or two commands from the alternate address for it to switch too.

If you can't find a tivo peanut, the following one-for-all universal remotes have preset codes for tivo addresses 1-4. They're urc-6820, 8820, 10820, and 6690.

addresses in the OFA remote are:

address #1- SAT 1443 or PVR 0740
    address #2- SAT 1444 or PVR 0745
    address #3- SAT 1538 or PVR 1239
    address #4- SAT 1539 or PVR 1240

7. BruceShultes

BruceShultes Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    Also, be careful about the instructions in the manual to cover the infrared port on one Tivo while you change the remote address on another one.

Each time I tried it this way, the remote address on both of my Tivo boxes was changed, not just on one.

I finally got it to work by unplugging the Tivo which I did not wish to change while I changed the address on another.

You also need to be careful not to use a remote which is still set to the universal remote address (zero) after you have changed the address on your boxes, since this will change them all back to zero again.

8. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    No need to be so nasty. I can only respond to what's posted. :p

9. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA