THR22 locking up, Anyone else haveing this problem?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by BOBCAT, Dec 23, 2011.

1. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    A friend of mine just called me and said that his THR22 has locked up on him 4 times since he installed it.
    It occurred once when watching a recorded program, twice when setting up a season pass and once while setting up his network connection.
    Anyone else have this problem?

2. MikeSh

MikeSh New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Mid-Atlantic...
    28 hours into mine no problems, thankfully.

3. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    No issue yet (about 33 hours) so far on either of my 2 units. I would tell your friend to exchange it.

4. codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    Do a C & D everything and try it again.

5. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    Just talked to my friend.
    He said that D* is sending an installer out next week with another unit.
    Told him not to be surprised if they bring out a D* DVR.

6. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    Well... My friend got his replacement THR22 installed last week, and it works fine, no lockups.
    I told him to call the install group and insure that they were bringing out a TiVo THR22.
    The install group said that they didn't know anything about bringing out a THR, and was just bringing out a D* DVR, so lucky he called.
    He had made it very clear with D* CSR that he needed a THR22, guess they don't have any way to specify which DVR to bring out.
    So if anyone out there orders a THR22, and it is being brought out by one of the D* installers, be sure to call them to insure that they will bring the correct unit.
    D* sends out a conformation letter with a phone number to call if you need to cancel the visit or change the date, so use that phone number.