THR22-100 serial control

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by myfins1, Jan 25, 2012.

1. myfins1

myfins1 Student of Life

Dec 10, 2003
    The Lone...
    I have recently received my new TiVo unit. Had to have it shipped to an IL address for my "move". It's at my moms house and is being sent to me in TX. My question is serial control. I am currently using 2 directv DVR's via serial control with a USB2serial adapter. This is being used with a MSC-400 by universal remote control. I am very pleased with my recent transition to using serial control. It is more responsive to remote commands and more reliable. Can the new THR22-100 be controlled via a serial connection similar to the directv models? I don't want to give up this feature.

Any information is appreciated.

2. myfins1

myfins1 Student of Life

Dec 10, 2003
    The Lone...
    It doesn't look like there is much info available on this subject. We will take the test it out and see what happens approach. I'll get the TiVo and a new 2tb drive about next Monday. I'll set it up and see if it works. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. We shall see. I'm not guessing it would be the same as it is different platforms. We shall see.

3. myfins1

myfins1 Student of Life

Dec 10, 2003
    The Lone...
    I hooked up my usbserial connector to the new TiVo. It appears to work just fine. Of course in testing most of the buttons I have found that the up and down aren't working properly. When I push down one time it continuously scrolls down without stopping. If in the guide it will scroll non stop up or down depending on which is pressed even though I only press it one time. Every other button seems to work fine. Of course that totally kills my ability to use it. I haven't tested thumbs up or down. I haven't explored it too much.

Anyone have any ideas how to figure out what hex codes might be used to act as thumbs up or down or even the regular up and down keys? Thanks for any input.