thought remote was broken...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jody1971, Aug 8, 2007.

1. jody1971

jody1971 New Member

Jun 27, 2004
    I have a series 2 in the bedroom and a tivo hd in the living room. Today while watching a program I went to ff through the commercials. the ff'ing action took over and acted like the button was stuck. it kept going from slow ff to medium ff to fast ff. I then hit play and the timeline stayed on like i was keeping my finger on the play button. i then went to tivo central and i noticed the amber light up on the tivo stayed on like i was hitting the tivo remote. i thought my remote may have messed up so i went in the living room and grabbed the other remote. did the same thing. if i push down on the down arrow it flies through the list. whichever button i push it's like it's stuck. i then restarted the tivo...nothing. i unplugged it for a few minutes and started it back up...still doing it. anyone else had this problem before? if so, how did you fix it??

thanks in advance!

2. jody1971

jody1971 New Member

Jun 27, 2004
    I searched through past posts and read that it might possibly be another remote control in the room having buttons pushed down. I searched the room over and over and finally found that the tv remote (that I don't use because of the tivo remote) had a book of dvd's laying on it. DOH