1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thompson Tivo Museum

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by jeremy Parsons, Jun 21, 2015.

1. jeremy Parsons

jeremy Parsons Very Advanced Member

Jan 6, 2002
    Surrey
    All

Another long time member who defected to VM Tivo due to moving to a HD 50 inch TV.

Can you believe its been 3.5 years since I lasted logged in!

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help produce something similar to Jasons Macintosh Museum youtube videos which described the Macintosh through the years. Without this TiVo 1 will become relegated to a forgotten few as it was really was a TV revolution at the time and way ahead of the market in the UK. When I purchased my first TiVo for £199 (just when the dropped the price from £400) it blew my mind.

I quickly bought another when the dropped to £99. They were then in daily use for a number of years (10+) due to nothing really replacing it.

As a suggestion we would cover

Us Series 1 - > leading to the Thompson Tivo and the history
    The Mod's that Tridge made famous
    Disk upgrades
    Turbocard
    Cachecard
    tivoweb
    1TB hard disk upgrades etc

Interestingly enough I still have 3 Tivo's in storage with two of them being 1TB Cachecard models.

I am aware we are living on borrowed time ideally I would want to restore one to the demo mode they played in the shop if anyone can help with an original image and provide an iso I could restore that would not go amiss.

If this already exists please point me at the videos.

Just looking at the preview reminded me of the spec of my tivos :)

2. jeremy Parsons

jeremy Parsons Very Advanced Member

Jan 6, 2002
    Surrey
    It appears I have 4 tivos , I must have kept one for spares as its missing a fan , I am looking for an original quantum fireball (working ideally) and the quickstart guide , it appears I have the original manual , the phono leads and a scart cable.

3. BenedictFindlay

BenedictFindlay New Member

Jul 1, 2015
    I have a completely untouched Tivo Series 1, with 40Gb hard drive. It was so good from day one that I never modified it all, but loved it for years.

The remote control is badly broken, but the rest of it is in working order.

I am very happy to donate it to a good cause, completely for free (plus £5 posting).

Do let me know.

4. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    The first (only) UK TV ads:

and sky's wierd effort:

note the wrong url at the end...

Far better was the later demo clip:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  5. 6022tivo

6022tivo A Happy Member