This new iOS app is killing me Smalls

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sangs, Oct 24, 2018.

1. sangs

sangs Active Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

As some of you may recall, I haven't been able to set up streaming from my new Bolt Vox for 2-1/2 weeks now, using my iPhone. Per somebody's suggestion, I purchased an inexpensive Amazon Fire tablet, downloaded the TiVo Android app and - VOILA! - streaming set up worked perfectly. I checked and was able to watch several shows through streaming, and was able to download shows as well.

So happy! Nightmare over.

Um, not quite.

I pulled out the iPhone XS Max, downloaded and signed into the TiVo app and went to stream a show. Nope. Made me "set up" streaming again from the iPhone and, as has been the case for 2-1/2 weeks STREAMING SETUP COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. Same damn thing with my iPad Pro.

What the flying **** is the problem with this thing? How can it work perfectly on the Fire tablet yet give me nothing but headaches on the iPhone and iPad?! So aggravating. :mad:

2. mgblumer

mgblumer New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    I was just on the phone with tech support for an hour, and they eventually found someone to tell me that it's a "known issue" where attempt to setup/activate NEW streaming connection from any device (Bolt/Roamio Plus/Pro and Stream) are not working. Apparently, it doesn't affect you if you've already got it setup. They gave no ETA but just said their engineers are working on it.

It doesn't make sense though now that you say it worked with Fire tablet. I'm going to give that a try. I also have an iphone with same issue you're having. Getting stuck at step 2.

3. sangs

sangs Active Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Boy, that certainly would have been nice to know a week or so ago! I'd reached out to @TiVo_Ted on Oct. 17, hoping he'd let me know something like that, but he hasn't visited these forums since the 16th, according to his profile. And the tech support people I talked with, including some just 48 hours ago, never mentioned it being a "known issue."

As for the Fire HD tablet working properly, I wonder if it's because it still uses the older app. I still don't understand why it would work on that and not allow it to work on the iPhone.

4. mgblumer

mgblumer New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    So it turns out my actual issue was that the TSN/activation ID on the box was different than what's the real TSN associated with the Stream (bought mine from eBay). I found something in some other forum to turn of IGMP on my router and then a second TSN number showed up unexpectedly during my setup step. That gave me the clue to activate the other TNS.

So after going to my Roamio and forcing a network connection and then forcing a call on the Stream, the connection went through successfully.

Take a look at your stream http://192.168.x.x:49152/sysinfo and mine kept saying Streaming Service: Disabled and precondition failed.

I kept telling that to Tivo Support and just didn't seem too concerned about it. What's annoying is that they just passed it off as "known issue" when the problem was what that the Tivo Stream that I had activated was the wrong TSN number.

Hope this helps someone, especially for those purchasing a pre-owned box.

Puppy76 likes this.
  5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

So the actual TSN of your stream is different than the TSN label on the Stream itself or just the box it came in? I think I recall 1 other post where someone reported something similar on a TiVo where the actual label was wrong. So curious as to what other TSN number you might have been getting during set up before and what did it match in your house?

Scott

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Puppy76 likes this.
  6. mgblumer

mgblumer New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    My unit and box it came in had a different TSN than the one that showed up when I looked at sysinfo via 192.169.x.x:49152/sysinfo

Puppy76 likes this.
  7. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Geez...

Not sure if it’s related, but if it gives more info, the new tivo program running in fully patched iOS 12, several times would demand I set up streaming, even though it was already set up. I’d cancel, and streaming would work fine anyway.

Seems to have quit doing that...although I’ve been logged out once on two different devices for no good reason.

All that and tivo desktop being unsupported and now broken has me very worried about tivo...

8. brian163

brian163 New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    @sangs Was this ever resolved? A few other new Bolt users such as myself are dealing with this as well.

9. sangs

sangs Active Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Nope. I got rid of all my TiVos though, so not sure if it would have eventually resolved itself.