This is interesting

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by 20TIL6, Jul 23, 2007.

1. 20TIL6

20TIL6 BaDoop BaDoop BaDoop

Sep 7, 2006
    Cypress, TX

Advertisements

I have an XBOX360, and for a while I was playing around with the Windows Media Connect service on my computer. If you don't know what that is, it's the service you have running on your pc so that you can stream music and photos to your XBOX360 console.

Think TiVo and TiVo desktop, but for XBOX.

Well, I stopped messing with it awhile ago. Back when I was, I'd configure the service and it would 'discover' my XBOX360 (it was the only thing it found), and so on.

Tonight I opened up the service (I was going to configure it so that it would not run at all), and in the list of devices it found a 'new unknown' device. The MAC address was displayed, so I popped into my router, and the device turns out to be my TiVo S3! I've had this S3 for as long as I've been playing around with Windows Media Connect, but this is the first time I have seen it 'discovered'.

I wonder what this means, if anything?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I think it means that the S3 is set up for TTG/MRV.

Too bad it's disabled right now. :(
    Just shows that the future capability is there.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Could mean that instead of the current MRV system of copying programs to the destination TiVo, they plans to use a steaming system akin to MCE Extender for multi-room viewing. Or it could just mean they use similar UDP packets for discovery and the XBox is confused. :)

Dan