This forum has framed me for a crime I did not commit.

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by Johnny Danger, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Member

Dec 27, 2016

Advertisements

This forum is framing me for a crime I did not commit.

What have I done to deserve this treatment? I am on some kind of blacklist due to my beliefs? I guess some people do not want to truth to come out.

[​IMG]

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    IP blacklists can sometimes trip up people when their IP address gets reassigned from someone who misbehaved in the past. That you managed to post this (on another device, likely) suggests that it wasn’t directed at you, as otherwise your account would be banned.

Then again, your last sentence makes me wonder if in fact it was appropriate.

3. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    Deep breaths...

Even I see that screen sometimes. It's not about you...

NorthAlabama and dianebrat like this.
  4. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Member

Dec 27, 2016
    I guess many are offended by the truth. So what did I say to cause this backlist IP? Tell me. Support Hong Kong, recognize Taiwan as a country, Say that coronavirus was made in a Chinese lab, go to the wrong fundraiser, etc.? What information caused me to be blacklisted since you seem to know it all?

5. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999

Advertisements

[​IMG]

jcondon likes this.
  6. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    LOL

This is gonna be fun

7. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    EatingPopcorn-512.jpg

8. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Member

Dec 27, 2016

Well to give you some backstory.

Tech companies have censored youtube video, tweets, facebook post which say things they disagree with.

For example, saying that coronavirus was made in a lab was something they censored even though the majority of intelligence agencies say it was. E.R. doctors talking about the Coronavirus and how like motorcycle accidents and basically everything was being including in the death count if they happen to have it when they died. There was an E-Sport comp where a user was showing support for Hong Kong and his microphone was cut mid sentence when they came back from commercial he was gone. China has a lot of people and a lot of influence so many companies will try to appease them at the expense of free speech.

Bottom line is that I try to get on this forum and I'm getting a ominous and threatening message saying that I'm blacklisted. So I'm just wondering if I pissed off the wrong people somehow.

9. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    Unless I'm imagining things, you do appear to be not only on the forum, but posting prolifically!

As others have explained, it has nothing to do with you, or TCF, as the fact that when you log in from other IP addresses demonstrates. The IP address in question is clearly the exit node of a anonymizing VPN service. And the shenanigans-protection-layer (Sucuri) that TCF uses has that IP address on the blacklist due possibly to it's history of shenanigans, (which includes attacks on other systems), or just for being the exit node of a VPN service. I very much doubt this is your personal IP address, I very much suspect you are deliberately routing your connection through Miami FL via QuadraNet. And as they say, if it hurts when you do that, don't do that.

Or to extend your analogy from another thread - if a Bank has been robbed 6 times by robbers in all black and black ski masks, and you walk into a bank wearing all black and a black ski mask you might well get stopped at the door, so maybe don't do that.

Any beliefs beyond that that a it is due to your opinions on, well, anything, is drastically overestimating your ability to personally end up on Sucri's blacklist.

10. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Its more like you are wearing a mask due to coronavirus and state recommendations/mandates into a bank and get shot at and/or arrested for being a bank robber. So you doubt I live in Miami? I will make you a 1 million dollar bet on that if you want.

VPN are advertised all the time on the radio, youtube, TV, internet, etc.... Its to protect yourself against hackers, bad actors, government spying, etc.. Heck, even lifelock and Norton antivirus have a VPN. Its sort of the standard for people who value their privacy a little, it does not mean you are a hacker .

You know they use to treat people who used linux and non-Internet Explorer web browsers(such as Mozilla) the same way. People have even been banned by ISP for nothing more than using Mozilla or linux a while back.

Have you ever heard of the expressing that you don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater?

There is nothing wrong with using a VPN. If you were at some hotel or coffee shop and over the local wifi, do you want to log into your bank account and have hackers see your login information?

I hope this forum can figure out a way to keep from blacklisting the innocent person who happens to use a VPN which is common place in 2021.

11. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Did you read any of the replies????

IT'S NOT TCF THAT IS BLACKLISTING YOU!

12. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    How can he? He’s blacklisted. ;)

DVR_Dave likes this.
  13. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It's not "censorship" private businesses can set their own rules, if you don't like the rules, you can start your own forum with your own rules.

randyb359, cwerdna and Robin like this.
  14. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Why should we expect them to read the replies or listen to those pesky facts? They just get in the way of a solid persecution rant!

cwerdna likes this.
  15. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I won't profess to answer for the mods/admins, but I know that simply using a VPN doesn't get you blacklisted.

I have to use a VPN on occasion, and I can still access TCF even if I forget to log off the VPN.

So there must be something about your VPN that Sucuri doesn't like. Perhaps a history of malfeasance from that IP/VPN.

16. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    There's nothing inherently or automatically illegal, or even necessarily bad, about censorship. Including, in many cases, by the Federal government in spite of the first amendment. The notion that people can just say whatever they want without risking consequences is nonsense.

Or using a VPN or suspect IP to speak, should someone in business, government or with any kind of low-level administrative authority decide to impose censorship.

dianebrat and MScottC like this.