The Wire 1/27/08 Transitions

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Well, I guess without Prop Joe running things, the cops' job is about to get easier...

Funny seeing the young guy who's too stupid and inexperienced to wet his pants at the thought of Omar coming after him!

2. Ace Deprave

Ace Deprave Tivo and Crawfish!

Jul 19, 2002
    Lake...
    Wow. Marlo is cold blooded.

3. ironchef

ironchef Smiley Averse

Dec 27, 2002
    Omar back....

4. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    It's starting to feel like the final season of The Sopranos, isn't it?

If you're like me, and sometimes just need to know what the hell just happened, HBO has it's usual fine calibre of elaborate episode recaps (Edit #2 currently linking to last week's episode) out.

In the words of David Simon:
    Edit: Well, that answers something I've always wondered. It's the forum doing the censoring for you, not posters being too delicate to say the f-word.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

First Butchie, now prop Joe. The good bad guys are dropping like flies. Time for Omar to start evening the score. Go, Omar, go.

Looks like I was a little wrong when I stated that Marlo wasn't looking to replace Joe. I really didn't see Marlo having Prop Joe killed.

Has Marlo killed anybody on his own?

Marlo is cold blooded but he's the murderous equivalent of loud and stupid. The ruthless and conspicuous way he goes about his business should raise a lot of eyebrows among the police, the Greek and the other dealers. The other co-op members should issue a kill on sight order for Marlo, Chris and Snoop.

6. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    wow...shocked to see the demise of prop joe. and even more shocked that him and burrell is only 1 year older than him :)

who was it that chris and snoop had tied up in the warehouse? i couldn't make it out...

7. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    during the co-op meeting, there was an altercation. Marlo took the one participant and tied him up for the other one to kill as a gift (I think Prop's nephew maybe - he called him 'young one' or something during the meeting)

8. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    It was the guy that complained during the co-op meeting that one of the younger guys was dealing in his territory.

They "served him up" to the younger guy as a "present" :)

9. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I think his name was Hungry Man.

10. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    thanks...i figured it had something to do with the arguement at the meeting, but i couldn't quite make out who it was.

does anyone feel like they need a roster during those meeting scenes? :D

11. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I predicted that marlo wanted to replace joe, but I thought it would be protracted as a storyline and not so immediate. Does this mean we'll get to see more of method man's acting chops?

I like the story about the cop with the bad hair. I've been sick of that guy for some time - must mean that they are writing that character well.

Did burrell suddenly get noticeably more gray hair this episode?

12. BadlyDrawnBoy

BadlyDrawnBoy Member

Dec 24, 2001
    San Francsico
    that was the get a gift, give a gift.

Cheese got Hungry Man, and then Cheese gave up his uncle Prop Joe to Marlo.

13. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Maybe Avon's got the architectural plans for his prison tattooed on his body and he'll break out and join Omar in going after Marlo and his crew. I would watch that.

14. jweisler

jweisler New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Nobody has brought up the scenes of McNulty and Lester with the homeless folks under the bridge.

Am I crazy, or was the one homeless drinking guy the guy who worked the computer at the docks (big guy with long beard that helped Ziggy snatch the Merecedes -- can't remember his name)? They kept showing him. Drawing the obvious conclusion that with Frank gone and his plan gone, the docks are dead and this guy is now homeless....

15. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Yup that was him. I noticed it too... thought it was a nice little wink. I can't remember if he was one of the ones who was indicted, but I think he was.

16. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    He was not indicted. He was last seen drunk on a corner with Nat(I think it was Nat) drinking a 40 out of a paper bag.

17. frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Marlo killed the girl that Avon sent to set him up in Season 3. Went to her house and shot her on her front lawn. Other than that, I don't recall.

Cheese is even stupider than I thought. With Prop Joe gone, Cheese is no longer useful to Marlo. I see a rather quick demise for Cheese.

Interesting how the parallel fates of Burrell and Prop Joe played out. Who would have thought that they were so close in age? Also, Noriese (sp?) getting the goods on Daniels cannot be good for Carcetti.

18. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    I was shocked by the demise of Prop Joe. Marlo is definitely cold blooded

Loved the poop in the bag trick, too bad about Collucio, could he get a real haircut:)

19. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    My wife's friend Ptolemy played the homeless guy who wanted McNulty's business card. I knew he was going to be on this season but I couldn't figure out when-I thought for sure he would be working at the press. Didn't expect to see him there.

Man. I want Omar to kill every last one of Marlo and his gang. My question now is-what happens to Slim Charles?

20. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    I'm kinda sorry that Prop Joe's gone. Last of the original criminals from the first season finally meeting their end.