The Wil Wheaton Project

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by thalador, May 26, 2014.

1. thalador

thalador Member

Oct 25, 2007

Advertisements

Hey folks. I have set a season pass for The Wil Wheaton Project and my tivo is showing every episode as new. I know this isn't the case. Has anyone else seen this problem?

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    First air date is 5/27/2014 all are new. The 30 day rule should catch and not record the multiple showings of each episode.

3. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Yes, it *should* do so, but it is NOT acting that way.

This is a weekly show. Only one per week should be new, but my season pass is selecting to record reairs every day for the next two weeks. (Yes, I double-checked that I have told it to find only new eps.) Strangely, the SP doesn't mark *every* rebroadcast for pickup -- it looks random, but maybe it's the first one each day? I didn't spend a lot of time with this; I just deleted the SP and will manually program for tonight and next week until this is fixed. (I will blame SyFy for now.)

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    TMS has not assigned programIds to the episodes, probably because SYFY isn't providing enough information for them to do so. You'll note that there are no Season or Episode numbers. Therefore, the TiVo has no way to know what has been recorded.

I suspect that the only reason that your SP is not picking up every showing is due to conflicts. Mine sure did.

5. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA

Advertisements

Thanks for the heads-up.

I set my SP to KAM=1 and KUID.

6. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You need to re-think that.

7. thalador

thalador Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Huh?

8. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Tell me what you think will happen with those settings.

9. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    SP set (on the web) just in Time.

Halt & Catch Fire, too.

10. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    WOW! Today I see that all the episodes are in the ToDo list as new and are scheduled to record there goes the little free space that I had. Anyone know the best way to report scheduling errors?

11. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    It isn't a "scheduling" error. About the only way to possibly fix this is to report it to TMS via zap2it and maybe they can convince SYFY to provide episode information.

People who recorded "The Daily Show" used to have the exact same problem.

12. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Won't it record just one, and not record another new one until I delete the old one?

I thought I could watch each week's episode and then dump it on Monday night so it would pick up the new episode on Tuesday.

If that won't work, I'll just set it to KAM =1 and then bury it at the very bottom of the SP list so it won't block anything else from recording.

13. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You'd have to delete it after the last showing of the episode but before the showing of the next episode, which is 7:30PM -8:00PM on Tuesday. So you have a 2 hour window. It would be safer to just delete all of the extraneous to-do list entries.

While better, it also has potential problems if they re-run a prior episode after the "new" one and there are conflicts that prevent recording any later rerun of the most recent episode.

14. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Or I could solve the whole problem by deleting the SP. ;)

Which is the solution that seems really likely at the moment (we're halfway through the episode as I type this).

15. Space

Space Active Member

Jan 13, 2002
    It looks like the first airings of the second and third episodes have episode specific info according to yahoo! TV (zap2it), but all the repeats have just generic info. Hopefully this will be corrected.

16. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you set Keep at most to 1, then it might dump the first showing when it records the next one, but it'll be the same pilot episode. Until next week's episode anyway.

I'd think KUID would keep the first recording of the pilot episode from being replaced (due to KAM=1), although again, something will have to be adjusted in time to catch the second episode.

17. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    The Tupper method should work to get the first airing of new episodes provided there isn't a conflict. The original airing of each episode has no program description, but all of the repeats have "Wil wheaton dissects the week's popular topics across science fiction, film, television, and more."

18. thewebgal

thewebgal MacAphile AV geek

Aug 10, 2007
    DC 'burbs
    I used to get the same problem with "Live from Daryl's House" on Palladia HD -
    TIVO would record every episode, new or old. I cured it by killing the season pass!

19. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I got around to setting up a ARWL with the Tupper method and it works like a charm.

20. lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Judging from the first episode, this show is not long for the air unless some significant improvements occur.