The Walking Dead "Twice As Far" S06E14 OAD 3/20/16 + Talking Dead *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Mar 21, 2016.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

OK, be honest. Who else was bothered when Daryl didn't retrieve that bolt.

Abraham: "You know how to bite a dick, Eugene. I meant that with the utmost of respect." :D

What did Carol mean when she said to Daryl that he was right? And where does she think she's going?

2. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    He was right he should have killed the people in the burnt forest.

Since they buried her, I assume he retrieved the bolt then.

So what was with the stuff at the beginning - were we seeing different days that showed the repetitive life, or different scenes from the same day? I guess the latter?

Any time a red shirt stands around making a big speech you know they are about to die. I really liked Denise too.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Had to be different days. They were all wearing different clothes each time. And these people NEVER change clothes! :D

I was a little miffed that the community (i.e., the writers) would let Denise, who may be the most indispensable person in town, go outside the walls for anything that wasn't a medical emergency. The moment she left, I knew she was dead. (Her speech about not going with Tara sealed the deal.) TWD's lazy writing shouldn't get to the point where it spoils major plot twists!

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I don't know how Michael Cudlitz delivers half his lines with a straight face.
    And I love Eugene.
    Sad to lose Denise, though- I really liked both the character and the actress.

5. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA

Advertisements

I didn't really like the first couple of scenes. I guess they were going for something but it didn't really add to the show as a whole.

Didn't watch all of TD but Eugene was pretty good/funny. I am not a huge fan of him on the show but his weirdness kinda works well.

SO, carol is leaving?? That seems odd. I mean I get her point but I can't imagine being out there on your own is any safer.

6. purwater

purwater I make tasty water

Aug 25, 2005
    SW Virginia
    The whole Carol leaving doesn't make sense. Just because she says she can't kill for any of them doesn't mean she isn't an important part of the community. A little part of me thought maybe that she's claiming she's leaving to end up infiltrating Negan's gang to eventually kill him. She's definitely capable of planning and carrying it out.

7. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Interesting thought. The first thing that came to my mind was the speech Rick gave (in the church?) when he announced they would be going after Neegans group. I thought he said something like 'to be with us, you have to kill' and then it flashed to father gabriel. Maybe I'm misremembering how he said it.

8. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I never thought of Denise as a redshirt character.

OK so the guy who fired off the arrow at her - he was the guy in the burnt forest who stole the motorcycle? I don't remember what he looks like.

The car they were driving in was covered in rain - then dry - then covered in rain. Continuity people!!!

Carol leaving? Makes no sense.
    The voice over where she says don't come looking for me then cut to Morgan...
    I am guessing he's going to go looking for her...

9. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Daryl didn't think that a downed tree to force people to walk down the train tracks was an obvious trap?

You can argue that he only took it after the girl used the path safely, but how in the world would he let her use the tracks in the first place?

10. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Oh, I forgot to mention how good Rosita (Christian Serratos??) looked on TD. :eek:

11. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA

Isn't Neegans group already all dead?

12. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Also, it has been my experience that when someone is biting my...ahem...member... and I have a couple of knives handy, it is best to stab them in the head to make them let go.:rolleyes:

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The people at that one outpost are all dead. But given all the build-up to Negan, one might think there's more to the story than we've seen so far...
    Lucky for you your life hasn't been scripted by the TWD writing staff! :D

14. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Whether Negan's group is dead or not, doesn't Carol think they are? It would be weird for her to go looking to infiltrate them. I don't think that's where she's going, although I wouldn't be surprised if we discover that's where she ends up (assuming that story line isn't over... and since there are only two episodes left in the season...) Carol isn't leaving because she thinks she has a better chance of staying alive. She's leaving because she thinks she has a better chance of not having to kill people if she doesn't have anything worth taking: Alexandria is a honey pot and it'll attract bees. If she's there she'll have to fight for it. That's what her note said.

I was surprised they gave somewhat short-shrift to the Apothecary in TD. That was a really amazing set design: just a few seconds told an entire story. Someone, probably the mother, has a broken leg and so can't run from the walkers. She's hiding in that back room with her baby: the baby is crying. Walkers are pounding to get in (see the walker handprints all over the front of the building). She can't get the baby to be quiet so she kills it (visions of M*A*S*H), either accidentally or on purpose. Maybe drowns it? Then goes nuts and writes "hush hush" on the walls, then dies and becomes a walker herself. Super creepy!!

I couldn't really understand Denise's speech on the train tracks. What exactly is she trying to say? That they don't take enough chances? That doesn't track: they take all kinds of chances. Who would risk being bit for a little cooler? That doesn't show you're not living, it shows you have some sense. Maybe she meant in their personal lives? I'm not sure about that either. For me that lessened the poignancy of her death a little bit.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I also found it strange how Dwight seemed to do everything BUT the obvious things you'd do in that situation. Hit Eugene's head, stab him, shoot him, etc. Instead, he acted like there was some kind of forcefield around Eugene.

16. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Yeah, I really liked her little story arc in the episode (which paralleled Eugene's, both of them being among the "weaker" members of the community) until that final spiel. It was way too "speechy" and dulled the shock of her death.

17. Barmat

Barmat Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Livermore CA
    What she was about to say was ... that.... she.....

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That's something this show does. When a character is about to die, he/she gives a speech. I guess it's become such a trope, they do it even when the character doesn't have anything in particular to say. All it does is tell us, "Hey, audience, pay attention...I'm about to die."

It bothers me that a show that at times can be so very good, at other times can be so very by-the-numbers.

19. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    My first thought was why didn't you drive the pickup truck down the tracks? I was obviously doable as there were other cars there.

20. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Daryl could barely drive it on the road much less railroad tracks. :D

But, I thought the tree being down was a definite sign of an ambush. Although I did think it would be real close.

Wonder why they didn't get Rosita when she walked the tracks earlier? Or, how they knew Eugene was with them? Maybe Eugene gave them all the info.

Maybe the tree being down was just simply a tree that was down. :confused: