The Walking Dead S08E15 "Worth"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Apr 10, 2018.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Wow... Dwight... SMH... That sucks...

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Becoming a zombie doesn't seem to have had much of an impact on Simon. Snarls a lot, wants to kill everybody...still basically the same guy.

aaronwt likes this.
  3. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I got caught in during the second half of the episode mostly because I couldn't figure out what was going on between Negan and Dwight. Then I had absolutely ZERO idea who the chick is that ratted him out.

BUT my thought watching this episode is they killed off all the characters we loved and now we are stuck with all these supporting characters who don't deserve the airtime and no one cares about and I am just sitting patiently waiting for them to die.

Simon being one of them - and yet, I got no satisfaction from seeing him die off or being chained up as a zombie. Not to mention - what is the point of Negan wielding that bat all the time if he never uses it?

I really hope this season does not end with Rick and the gang falling into Negan's trap - that would be a snore.

Eugene. Please kill him next.

4. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    NO! I like Eugene. Especially for his comic relief. Now Aaron, what a waste of a character his is.

aaronwt likes this.
  5. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013

Advertisements

I think there’s still hope for Eugene just because that would make for a typical writer’s twist they might use on us in the finale. Set us up by having Eugene reaffirm his allegiance to Negan in the penultimate episode only to have him sabotage Negan in the finale, and he escaped from Rosita and Daryl solely for that reason. Or maybe not, in which case he should burn in hell. We’ll find out soon enough.

6. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    So let's see, Eugene gets captured only to immediately escape. Simon gets forgiven only to immediately be killed. Dwight gets promoted only to be immediately revealed as a traitor. This episode seemed like a whole lot of pointless misdirects that led us in circles. Sorta like a typical season.

Every television warrior culture seems to have the rule that if you can kill the leader you become the leader. It seems to me that people would constantly be killing the leader, if nothing else then simply through the cumulative effects of repeated attempts.

I hope Carl is getting paid well. He's been dead for several episodes, and plots are still Carl-centric.

The writers failed at making Simon's death have any emotional impact whatsoever. This was a hated character. His death should have had more impact.

Why did Gregory flee once Negan started to get the upper hand? Surely Gregory would have talked his way back into Mr. "People are a Resource" good graces again. Did Gregory and Dwight finally realize that Negan has gone a bit off the deep end? If so, why now, and not the five million other times that Negan flipped out to excess?

Reloading ammunition doesn't require a genius. By now Eugene has taught every person there everything they need to know through simple observation. Okay, I can suspend disbelief and forgive this one.

I was utterly taken by surprise... at the relevance of garlic macaroni and cheese.

7. smbaker

May 24, 2003
    I think they've set this up. Eugene chastised Gabriel for sabotaging the ammunition in a way that would cause injury to the person wielding the gun. My bet is that Eugene has underloaded ammo in such a way as to cause the firearms to jam, but in a non-catastrophic way. Saviors with failed weapons will retreat and/or surrender. The person test-firing the ammo is Eugene, so he can ensure that only properly-loaded rounds will be tested.

8. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Gregory fled because he'd rather be a prisoner at hilltop than take his chances with Negan. It was 100% self motivated. Once he realized he had a car and an opportunity to escape, he took it.

Dwight has been anti-Negan this whole time. The only reason he didn't align with Simon to take out Negan is because he realized that Simon was even more dangerous and unpredictable than Negan.

aaronwt likes this.
  9. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I was surprised Gregory didn't go to Negan with the plan.

smbaker likes this.
  10. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have to agree that Simon's death was unsatisfying. Then chaining him up as a zombie...*yawn*
    They drag the story lines out so dang long that I had forgotten who that girl that outed Dwight, even was. Totally took at the "ahha" moment

Let me see if I can make some predictions and how many I get right:
    Rick and crew will fall in to Negan's trap
    Things will look grim with no hope for Rick and crew
    Dwight's bullets start jamming guns
    Aaron and lady crew show up in the nick of time
    Maggie somehow ends up with Lucille and finishes of Negan

either way....I sure hope we are finally done with 1 of the groups (Either Rick's or Negan's!) in the season finale.

gweempose and brianric like this.
  11. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I thought there was some sardines mixed in with the garlic and mac & cheese.

It sure seems pretty simple for Eugene & Gregory to travel between encampments while otherwise being "held captive" by one or the other side.

12. smbaker

May 24, 2003
    Then, just as it looks like the "good guys" have won, the helicopters show up...

aaronwt, pmyers and brianric like this.
  13. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Instead of Michone reading Carl's letter to Negan, she should have brought a rifle and simple shot him. Game over.

pmyers likes this.
  14. smbaker

May 24, 2003
    Every episode has at least three moments where a sniper should have shot a main character who was plainly standing in the open.

In this episode, Negan actually proposed such a plan, but of course it was a fake plan.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    In what world is Aaron still alive if he could pass out in the forest and not wake up until he's completely surrounded by all the Oceanside ladies? There were 3-4 zombies in those woods and after he killed them and passed out, there wasn't another zombie around for miles?

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    In this zombie world where people turn into walking dead, why can't they turn into peat moss within hours of dying once again? ;)

17. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Plus some sort of appearance by Hillary/Martha Stewart and the twins as Morgan sets off on another journey to walk the earth like Caine in Kung Fu and find himself.

Tony_T likes this.
  18. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    All of your predictions are so likely to be true, they should be spoilers LOL.

pmyers likes this.
  19. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Pretty sure this one will be wrong. ;)

DevdogAZ likes this.
  20. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    So the writers seem to be saying that Daryl and Rosita are incompetent at keeping a prisoner. (More likely it's the writers that are incompetent.)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018