The Walking Dead S07E04 11/13/16

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DeDondeEs, Nov 14, 2016.

1. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV

Advertisements

No thread yet?

So they had the foresight to hide Maggie, but not to bury some of their weapons somewhere and make a second set of accounting books? I suppose the burned mattresses were to demonstrate that they are just taking things away from the group to maintain control.

I have had it with the Negan character. I've invented a new game. Anytime Negan says something, laughs, and then leans or todders backwards, take a drink. I did get a chuckle when the priest came up behind him and he was all like "Woah! You're a creepy one, sneaking up, with that smile"

Also what was up with the morse code poster on the wall in Rick's house? I never remember seeing that in previous episodes, and the one guy was working on a radio. I wonder if they are going to try to use morse code to communicate with the hilltop or other communities.

2. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    So are the wolves done? Were they some just random insane group that came and went?

I assume they had no connection with the Saviors.

3. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    What did Michonne see near the end of the episode? They looked like smoldering blocks. But blocks of what?

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    They were done when they stormed Alexandria and were all killed except a couple that Morgan allowed to escape.

5. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

Yes, this was particularly stupid on Rick's part. He should have known that Negan's group would want to disarm them. So keeping all the guns in the armory, and then keeping a written record of every gun so the Saviors could review it and determine if any guns were missing was just flat out ridiculous. I guess it's meant to show how cowtowed Rick is and how afraid he is of doing anything that might piss off Negan.

6. DeDondeEs

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I thought those were all of the mattresses that they removed from the houses in Alexandria. I had to rewind it a few times.

7. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I assumed that the guns being missing and the existence of a gun ledger are holdovers from Alexandria before Rick's and his people came to town. She just kept doing it as she always had and didn't change anything.

8. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    This whole episode was idiotic. So Negan walks up to the closed front door of the compound with some men and they couldn't easily have been mowed down by the 100 guns Rick has? And then he hands them over. And then to top off the stupidity, Michonne wants to practice with and keep a gun, and Rosita wants to find a gun and then hide it and it has no bullets. Whatever they plan to do with the single gun (kill Negan) could have easily been done at any point when Negan is standing around waiting. Carl could have dropped Negan and the other guys when he was pointing the gun at them!

I almost turned this off. I get the whole point that some times you have to surrender to live but everyone appears to want to fight except Rick so they wouldn't have agreed with Rick's caving in so easily.

sharkster and Jstkiddn like this.
  9. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Same here. Really bad CGI in the far away shot. It wasn't until the closeup when the smoke cleared and they used actual coil springs that I realized what it was.

10. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Of course that's what happened. But the point is that Rick and Co. knew that Negan was coming for their stuff. One of the first things they should have done when they got back to Alexandria was to hide a big chunk of the weapons and destroy the ledger so the Saviors would have no way to know whether any guns were missing.

But I guess the whole point of that and of this entire episode is that Rick has resigned himself to this being their new reality. He has no intention to ever fight back and doesn't even entertain thoughts of doing something that might be viewed as rebellious or insurgent by Negan.

VegasVic likes this.
  11. DeDondeEs

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    At first I thought it was a crashed plane. That got me thinking. You'd think you would see a few planes or helicopters flying over every once in a while. There is obviously still plenty of gasoline and diesel around for these people to drive around in RV's and military transports. There is probably some airport someplace where they could clear the runway and take a Cessna around to survey the lay of the land or just get the heck out of there.

12. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    In Ricks defense, and their is not much defensible about that behavior, Neegan showed up early. Apparently it had only been 3 days and not the week like it was supposed to be.

I was just telling a friend this morning that after killing off Glenn and Abraham that I am not sure they can afford to keep Rick and Daryl broken for too long. I could see that losing a lot of viewers. There needs to be a spark seen in one or both of them so that the viewers know that that they are not completely lost. Maybe that is what they were trying to hint at the few times they showed Rick gripping the bat harder.

At least they let Rick threaten Spencer at the end although I would have rather seen him pop Spencer instead of threaten him.

13. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Is there an anti-Emmy? An overacting award? Because JDM wins it hands down. In the scenes between Neegan and Rick, as Neegan babbles on and Rick is silent, Lincoln - who is a very good actor - conveys more genuine emotion with just his face and body language than JDM does with (what feels like) 100 pages of dialogue. Everything he does is artifice, all on the surface, without depth or variety.

The character is also inconsistent. He's going to kill whats-her-name for the inventory but the guy who actually stashed the guns barely gets a second thought?

sharkster likes this.
  14. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah...I have the same complaints as everyone else does with this episode.

I watched that last scene with the "mattresses" at least 10 times and still couldn't figure out what they were. I had to watch Talking Dead in hopes that they would mentioned that scene, to find out what they were. Like somebody else mentioned, I thought it was some type of plane/helicopter wreckage.

15. BlearyEyed

BlearyEyed BlearyEyed

Jun 11, 2002
    Colorado...
    I guess the question (and I see it as a legit question). Say you kill Neegan and the 20 guys that showed up. Rick and company don't know how many people Neegan actually has. If you get the satisfaction of killing 20, but then 100 more come and mow you all down in retaliation, was it a smart move? They killed a bunch of saviors before, which is part of why Glenn and Abraham died. Rick would be potentially repeating the exact same mistake.

Now the good question is, if you do kill Neegan, do his people care enough to really risk their lives getting revenge?

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    This show is a lot less boring when Rick and Negan aren't in it...

Jstkiddn likes this.
  17. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    That seemed like a three hour episode. Why did they even need to make it an hour and a half. Nothing happened. Blah, blah, blah...

My gut tells me if they killed Negan then the rest of his crew would be so busy fighting for power that they wouldn't stand a chance against heavily armed opposition.

Jstkiddn likes this.
  18. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Same.

I have enjoyed the other episodes but this was slow, boring and pointless.

I assume Negan survives at least until next season and it's something I dread unless something changes.

19. TeddS

TeddS Obfuscator

Sep 21, 2000
    NYC
    Feels like yet another version of Seven Samurai, but Rick and crew are now the helpless villagers who need to go out and find some Samurais to help them. I guess that'll be the guy with the tiger and his dudes.

20. Gromit

Gromit Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 1999
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm still watching because my wife likes the show more than I do so I watch with her. I think even she is about done now.

Negan is such a boring character. Great for an episode or two, but this is beyond old and boring.