The Walking Dead - S06E11 - "Knots Untie" 2/28/16 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Feb 29, 2016.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL

Advertisements

Is this season going to devolve into a remake of "The Magnificent Seven"?

Everyone is too happy. If there's one thing I've learned over the years of watching TWD, it's that no one stays happy for long. They seem to be setting up a number of possible heartbreak scenarios, but which will it be?

Still, some cute/funny moments. Jesus telling Carl that he's waiting for "your mom and dad to get dressed" was cute. Abraham asking Glenn about the Bisquik/Pancake thing was hilarious. :D

Sorry for the disjointed OP. I'm not normally a TWD thread starter, but the forum looked lonely without one so here we are.

2. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Abraham getting so easily overpowered was a little strange. I honestly thought his GF was dead as I don't recall seeing her for a season or so!

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    "We don't have a problem with confrontation."

Truer words were never spoken! :D

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Abraham having thoughts about Sasha while naked Rosita is standing in front of him is just plain crazy.

The way the whole thing went down at The Hilltop just seemed like our gang got setup by some kind of long con. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no "brother" being held hostage and this was all just a setup to get the Alexandrians to do their dirty work for them.

5. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...

Advertisements

Wow...a long con involving the leader getting gut-speared and 2 of their guys killed?

6. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, if you really want to sell it... :D

7. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Not sure why Rick would sign up to eliminate another group. There will surely be causalities in doing so. Seems like a bad idea.

8. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    Yeah, something big is coming. I think that was made clear when Maggie said "It's going to cost us something". Rick and Michonne getting together, Glenn & Maggie's baby, rebuilding Alexandria, finding another community they can trade with, etc. Skippy's right, no one does stay happy for long on TWD. :(

9. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    I think they realized that was the only thing of value that they had to trade.

10. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    It was a decent episode to set up the introduction to negan. Hopefully they do that soon and not drag it out until the finale.

Still not sure why Rick told Maggie to be the negotiator??

The RV getting stuck scene was a bit odd. First they didn't show it stuck until they were getting out. I thought it was engine issues at first. Not a big deal but it seemed odd the way they did it. Then, all of a sudden, Jesus points out that they're here. Seems like he'd have known that well before they got stuck. Just not sure what the whole point of getting stuck was??
    Didn't like Gregory at all.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yeah, that part doesn't fit so well. But perhaps the stabbing of Gregory was supposed to be relatively minor just to sell the ruse, and then they underestimated how Rick & Crew would react.

Deanna had tapped Maggie as a potential leader and as one who could be good at diplomacy rather than just brute force. I think Rick recognizes that if he were in a negotiation with someone like Gregory, he'd probably punch or kill the guy rather than maintain his cool and negotiate effectively. In a situation where they're dealing with potential friendlies and they want to give a good impression, Maggie is much better at that than Rick.

12. TiVotion

TiVotion Early Adoptersaurus

Dec 6, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    When "the next big thing" goes down, I kind of expect either Glenn, Maggie, or Michonne to get offed. Possibly not, maybe they'll go with a lesser character or two. Father Gabriel? Morgan? The first three would be risky, especially Maggie given the circumstances. But the way they've been building Glenn/Maggie and Rick/Michonne, it almost seems like foreshadowing.

13. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Would have been easier to just take the food from the Toppers by force.

14. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Neither did Rick, which is why he asked Maggie to negotiate. He would have just punched him, or worse, and that would have ended the negotiations quickly.

15. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    My money is on Glenn being the next big casualty. They've been setting us up with him escaping sure-death scenarios. So when it happens next, we will expect the miracle save; which won't come.

16. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Anybody notice Maggie/Laurens haircut on Talking Dead. They usually don't just change hairstyles out of the blue unless something major happened.

17. TeddS

TeddS Obfuscator

Sep 21, 2000
    NYC
    I think you mean "Seven Samurai". :)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. At least they're bringing the fight to the bad guys and not just sitting tight and defending the peasants' home turf.

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Take a fish from a man, and you eat for a day. Teach him to give you fish, and you eat for a lifetime. :D

19. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    Though the show and comic don't follow exactly, that's the comic scenario.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  20. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Damn it. Thanks a lot for the possible spoiler. Please delete your post or put it in spoiler tags. :mad: