The Walking Dead - S06E10 - "The Next World" 2/21/16 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Feb 22, 2016.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

Hay was that?!? I know there are Richonne shippers out there, but NO, JUST NO! I don't watch this show for romance and sex.

So who is this Jesus guy? Is he a scout for Negan's gang?

2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    How long before we find out whether there's a "W" under Jesus' watch cap or not? Rick has pointed out he is better groomed than the average Wolf, and apparently he has something helpful to say. He also seems to have mad skills, kind of like Morgan.

Rick and Michonne appeared to be intimate in their first scene together this episode, it surprised me when it turned out they weren't already having sex at that point.

3. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I saw it coming when she appeared in a bathrobe in the beginning of the episode. I'm not feeling though. Felt forced.

BTW, I have to rewatch, but was a there a timeline shown at the start of the episode? I guess it's been only a couple of weeks at the very least.

And this Jesus guy does have some skills. He's a regular Harry Houdini! No way someone gets untied and climbs the truck that fast!

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    They said it had been weeks since Carl's injury. Judging by the progress they've made in expanding the city wall, I'd say it was a pretty big number of weeks...

5. mikieminnow

mikieminnow New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    GA

Advertisements

When Maggie was talking to Enid, she mentioned that they had been cleaning up for weeks and Enid wasn't around.

6. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I love that Jesus character so I'm hoping he's a good guy and not a bad guy.

7. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Shouldn't Maggie be showing by now?

8. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    I thought Rick and Daryl were idiots this episode.

You find a treasure trove of supplies. Do you make a beeline home on the safe roads you came there on? No, you go exploring where you could run into bad people.

You meet someone who gives you a bad feeling. Do you hold him until you are ready to leave? No, you let him walk off out of sight where he could grab a hidden gun and kill you or cause other mischief.

9. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    On talking dead they said it was about 2 months

Solid episode overall for sure!

10. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Even before that, I couldn't understand why they took the truck and left their car behind. What kind of sense does that make? You have no idea what kind of shape the truck is in: it may conk out 5 miles down the road. You have two drivers, clearly you bring both vehicles. It wasn't until Jesus took off with the truck that I realized why they did something so silly: "plot necessity". I will just write off chasing Jesus through the field as testosterone gone awry :).

However for all that I did really enjoy this episode.

I agree with heySkippy: I was going to try to determine how many weeks it had been by seeing how far along Maggie was... and she wasn't showing much at all. So maybe it had been some weeks but not a LOT of weeks.

11. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I wanted to like this episode but it wasn't really that good. Why on earth would they leave their car behind?? My first thought was if the cargo truck breaks down or gets a flat then you're screwed.

No way Jesus is able to climb on the roof that fast without them hearing it. Then, why would he wait until they are miles down the road to bang on the roof? Seems like he'd wait until they stopped and then steal it again or something.

After he falls off, why chase him? Let him go. He's already kicked your butt once. I mean unless you want to kill him but they obviously didn't.

And how does the truck somehow get stopped in a way that it easily reverses straight back into a pond??? That's bad writing.

Carl's scene with Enid seemed pretty bad. All of a sudden she doesn't want to be out there??? The dialog was cringeworthy.

I've been suspecting Rick and michonne would get together for a while now. It did seem a bit odd but I kinda like it. That was about the best part of the show.

And even after the complaints, I still watch. :D

12. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I don't think Jesus banged on the roof for them to hear, he probably shifted and they heard it

He was probably going to go back to Alexandria with them

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, they gave a pretty good explanation...on the way out, they were making noise to draw any walkers they passed away from Alexandria. It makes sense they would take a different path back so those walkers would keep, er, walking.
    Yeah, that was pretty silly. As you say (to use Roger Ebert's phrase), it was an Idiot Plot moment. As was Jesus's magic ability to free himself and leap on top of a vehicle that's speeding away while at least one of the occupants is watching him in the rear-view mirror (and giving him the finger).

14. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    He wasn't banging on the roof. When they started driving into the field they were going over bumps etc. and he was bouncing on the roof making noise.

15. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    haha yeah so basically what I said :)

16. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Rick backed it up there. I'm not sure why, but while Daryl was chasing Jesus around the field Rick backed the truck up to the edge of that pond. Then he jumped out to take care of the walkers who'd gotten free from the ropes holding them to the car (that was weird too).

Jesus tried to jump into the truck to steal it again, and when Daryl pulled him out he accidentally shifted the gear into neutral.

17. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Sort of... but I think there's a non-trivial difference between "he probably shifted" and "he was being bounced around because the truck was driving through a field" :)

If Rick hadn't decided to check out that barn they would never have known Jesus was up there...

18. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Didn't take too long

They should have sped up some part :)

19. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I really liked this episode. It was the first one in a long time that they were not seconds away from death the entire episode.

20. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I enjoyed the episode for what it was. I have a feeling we are due for one of those episodes that focuses on just one of the characters and it will probably be on Ninja Jesus. I bet it will turn out he was some sort of magician or illusionist before everything went to hell.

They had another one of those annoying scenes where they were outside in the dark, and then they went into the infirmary with Ninja Jesus and they showed them coming inside where it was obviously daylight outside.

I wonder if Orange Crush paid for that product placement. You'd think that since the show is filmed in Georgia, they would have used cans of Coke or Orange Fanta instead.