The Walking Dead 'Remember' S05E12 3/1/15

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JohnB1000, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Mar 2, 2015 #1 of 209
    JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004

Advertisements

I liked this episode even though it was relatively thoughtful. Couldn't believe the change in Rick after his shave and haircut.

Lots of setup, still not really clear where this is going.

Who played the congress woman? - wasn't on IMDB when I looked.

How about the blond woman who cut Rick's hair ?

I was confused whether Rick walking alone at night were dreams or real at times.

2. Mar 2, 2015 #2 of 209
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I LOVED Carol's video. Absolutely awesome! She put herself right into the middle of the community and made herself seem helpless, when she's probably one of the most perceptive and dangerous of the entire group. Outstanding!

I hope Daryl can keep his sh*t together long enough for whatever disaster is coming (no spoilers, I'm just assuming...) to arrive.

I don't know what sort of architectural college Deeanna's husband taught at, but the construction of those walls seemed really odd to me: why are the reinforcements on the OUTSIDE? If you're worried about people (or walkers) breaching from the outside why wouldn't you avoid giving them an easy way to climb the walls, and wouldn't having the braces on the inside make it harder to push the walls down from the outside? Weird.

I agree with the dream thing. So, when Rick was talking to Jessie's husband was that real? That had a weird vibe to it then Rick wakes up, but I think it was real. Do you think Jessie and her husband are estranged/divorced and that's why that was an odd interaction? Or is her husband just the jealous type?

Who took Rick's gun? Hm...

3. Mar 2, 2015 #3 of 209
    scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    "We brought lunch"

4. Mar 2, 2015 #4 of 209
    JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Man this confused me but eventually I realized you meant Carol :)

Why are there no Zs near the town? There were thousands on the road not too far away.

5. Mar 2, 2015 #5 of 209
    leswar

leswar leswar

Apr 14, 2005
    Vero Beach

Advertisements

I'm waiting for the baddies that attacked the gated community where Noah's family lived.
    The outcasts will lead them to Alexandria.

Agree about the wall. Not up to code: support posts should never be visible from streetview.

Rick's hairsytlist is played by Alexandra Breckenridge ( She played the young Moria
    dressed in the French maid's outfit in S1 of American Horror Story. Frances Conroy played old Moira. Breckenridge returned for S3 of AHS as Kaylee).

6. Mar 2, 2015 #6 of 209
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Same thought as you about the walls.

Enjoyed this episode a lot... moved things along into a new direction.

7. Mar 2, 2015 #7 of 209
    Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    What did Congresswoman Deanna say? That she exiled three people because they weren't a fit? Perhaps that is to be Daryl's fate and Rick's group will have a big problem with it. That could be why they are setting him up as an outsider type.

8. Mar 2, 2015 #8 of 209
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Yeah, Darryl presumably was an outsider before the apocalypse. He also wasn't too thrilled with Rick's uniform and Carols soccer mom outfit.

9. Mar 2, 2015 #9 of 209
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The never-quite-great-but-should-have-been Tovah Feldshuh...
    But he off all people should have appreciated the total con-job she was playing! I think of all of them, she's handling this situation the best...suspicious, but not letting on.

Then again, she is a...hmmm. Is there a word for somebody who does sociopathic/psychopathic things for the sake of others? ;)

10. Mar 2, 2015 #10 of 209
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I think Deanna is setting up Rick to be on her side when the coup comes. Seems she is having a hard time controlling her son and his friend and there might be a growing rift in the community.

Deanna is right they do need people who have been out there to protect them.

11. Mar 2, 2015 #11 of 209
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm starting to get a bit of a Magnificent Seven vibe from this plot line.

12. Mar 2, 2015 #12 of 209
    madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Gak! Fixed. Serves me right for posting at 1am.

13. Mar 2, 2015 #13 of 209
    SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I thought that was extremely odd too, I can't think of any way that makes sense in a construction/reinforcement way. The only thing that comes to mind is a production issue with the location. They wanted to use a place that already had those wall but needed to use the houses on the outside of the walls for some reason and figured that few people would notice or care.

14. Mar 2, 2015 #14 of 209
    rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    According to Talking Dead
    everything that is being done must be up to local code as it is a living community. Even if a resident is coming home from work they must clear the streets so he/she can reach their home.
    So some things probably would not make sense from our post-zombie apocalypse mind sets.

15. Mar 2, 2015 #15 of 209
    Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Loved this episode.

Maggie was so proud of her man knocking the idiot down after his failed attempt at reason.

I'm wondering if that girl found the gun. Don't know -- no spoiling -- she was wandering around out there so...

It must have felt good getting clean after so long. I can't see how Daryl could resist taking a shower. Michonne was flashing a Pepsodent smile after her 20 minute brush. (I'm old enough to remember those commercials.)

Carol is a mess. Den mother? Bytch please.

16. Mar 2, 2015 #16 of 209
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She's not a mess, she's playing them. She's pretending to be all sweet and innocent so they won't keep a watchful eye on her.

I mean, she's a mess in the sense that she's a stone-cold killer, but here she's just being smart. (Smarter than Rick and Dar-L, who aren't smart enough to hide their suspicions...)

17. Mar 2, 2015 #17 of 209
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I was thinking that as well. Also, just guessing, does she have someone out there she's working for?

18. Mar 2, 2015 #18 of 209
    2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Good episode but that place gives me a bad feeling.

What's up with the young girl climbing the fence? Apparently she wasn't escaping because she showed back up with Rick/Carl when glen and the other guy got into it.

Not to pick nits but they really should have clarified that part. It almost seemed like a scene was missing.

And I also couldn't tell if Rick was dreaming when the guy on the porch was talking to him.

19. Mar 2, 2015 #19 of 209
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    What was missing? Glenn was pissed at those guys for being so careless, they know what it's really like, and messing around w/ a walker like that will get you killed.

20. Mar 2, 2015 #20 of 209
    madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I dunno... I think they're all playing their roles. There's no way that anyone in charge is going to trust Daryl, and Rick is positioning himself as "the law". Between the three of them they have someone who can get "in" with all the different parts of the community: Carol with the PTA clan, Rick with the power structure, and Daryl with whatever opposition group might be lurking in the background.

I don't think it would work, at all, if they all tried to pull Carol's trick. Deanna, at least, would be highly suspicious.

They said she just joined them recently. I think she's a bit like Carl: she doesn't want to get weak and be too dependent, so she goes outside the walls by herself a lot. Remember when they first arrived at the gate, Carl saw her in the window of the burned out house just outside the walls by the gate.