1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead "Evolution" OAD 112518 - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cainebj, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Maybe this show is getting better?

I didn't think TWD had it in them to surprise or shock me anymore.
    That final scene - the whole lead up to that end moment...
    I loved Jesus' ninja fighting and then they got me. I think I yelled out loud NO!!!

Yes - it was kinda stupid that Michonne and the others showed up outta nowhere...

I was glad some of the Whisperers talk on here was wrong and it has turned out to be slightly more than some of the guessing...

+ Negan on the loose - I just rolled my eyes - Negan is such a bore - I laughed when the Reverend was saying won't you please just shut up!

Oh and lastly - Michonne said something at Hilltop about them not having forgotten - I'm thinking that and the scars and all - there is some thing that occurred in the last 6 years we don't know yet.

2. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Yeah, Negan back in the game in going to ruin the show again. Not that it’s recovered all that much. The Whisperers? Really? Even in the apocalypse I’d think people have better ways to spend their time and energy than wandering around randomly in a Halloween costume.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    *gasp* Could it be?!?

;)

DevdogAZ likes this.
  4. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Really liked The Whisperers reveal. Too bad it wasn't Eugene :D

5. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Did the stick wielding kid seem drunk before taking the only drink they showed on screen. I didn't think so but he sure was afterwards.

6. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    That confused me too. They pressured him into a drink, he gagged and choked on it, then seemed to be drunk.

I enjoyed this episode though. But I wish instead of Whisperers that the Walkers themselves had evolved.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That would have been a shark-jumping moment for me. I know they had that argument on the show itself and left it unresolved, but as far as I'm concerned the "That's too stupid for words, even in this world" side prevailed.

modnar likes this.
  8. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I think we will definitely see what happened in the time jump to cause the disconnect with Michonne because
    One of the scenes in the coming up preview showed Michonne fighting with her old hair style
    I think they need to explain it soon because Michonne is almost a completely unsympathetic character right now.

I liked the episode, and was shocked by the way they revealed the whisperers with that dodge and Jesus getting killed. I also liked that they threw Magna and Yumiko into the mix immediately.

pmyers likes this.
  9. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Did Jesus die?

(Boy, is THAT sentence loaded! :D)

10. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    The scene with Michonne and Carol was really distracting. When the camera was on Carol, Michonne had a lock of hair dangling to the front. When the camera was on Michonne, all her hair was back. How do editors and directors miss that?

11. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I'm really going to miss the Jesus character on the show. Great fight scene sendoff - I would have liked more of that throughout his character story. Feels like his story was never really fully fleshed out and could have been so much more.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Seriously...did Jesus die? I thought it was ambiguous...

13. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    You have to look at the context - it was the mid season finale so yes, he died. Any other episode other than the mid-season or season finales and he would have had a chance at revival.

14. skypros

skypros Ex satellite dealer

May 18, 2015
    Bend, Oregon
    He was stabbed.... but did he die??? I guess the actor is in contract talks.
    If Negan can survive a deep sliced throat..... and Glenn can survive hiding under a small trash container while 500 walkers surround him..... Then I think we may see Jesus again.
    OFF this topic...... what really happened to Madison on Fear TWD?? Like Glenn, she was captured in the Stadium with 1,000's of walkers with really no way to escape.... But they never showed her get "eaten/bite".
    I hate TWD / FTWD...... But I watch every episode..... and roll my eyes constantly!!! It is so stupid!!

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Google gives the answer, it turns out.
    The actor was unhappy, and wanted to leave. They obliged him. He's dead.

super dave and skypros like this.
  16. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I really wish they had killed off Eugene too.

That is not exactly true. That makes it sound like he asked to leave the show and he didn't. Personally, I think it was him justifying being OK with the decision - I also have heard that Jesus is a much more involved and interesting in the comic than he has been on the show and the actor had expectations that were never realized.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Seemed pretty clear cut to me with the way Aaron knelt down over the body and seemed like he was in anguish. If Jesus were still alive, wouldn't they have been frantically trying to administer first aid rather than just crying over his body?

18. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Maybe they'll resurrect him...

brianric and DevdogAZ like this.
  19. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Also, what did I miss with Negan? He was just sitting in his cell and suddenly decided to try the door and it was unlocked? Was there something he saw that caused him to check? Do we have any idea whether it was left unlocked on purpose or if someone just made a horrible mistake?

20. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I caught Tom Payne (aka Jesus) on Talking Dead and he seemed to be okay with the decision to kill off his character. He was informed one or two episodes before the mid-season finale, and he enjoyed the way in which he went out.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018