The Walking Dead - BORING

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ADG, Mar 29, 2021.

1. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA

Advertisements

I get that as a result of the pandemic they are limiting interaction among the actors, but these two person stories are absolutely boring. And in this episode there were two ONE person stories with absolutely nothing happening. FFW'd through 90% of the show. I'd rather they didn't produce any new episodes until they can get the entire cast back together. They're simply burning off episodes.

R1elvis likes this.
  2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Been that way for a few seasons, not sure why I still watch but so blah

3. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Well, I don't recall it being THIS bad. The dog was the highlight of the show :)

4. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Are you saying its become Walking for Godot I mean dead?

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV

Advertisements

I watched the first 8 seasons. Then, as season 9 began, I managed to get to E02 and just couldn't take another minute.

Every now and then I look in on TWD threads here and there and I feel like I haven't missed anything.

I don't generally quit a show after such a long commitment, but I got to the point where I was done. Too much of the same thing over and over. Never liked any of the Negan stuff. Then there was that horrible woman and her gang. That was even more ridiculous, IMO.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think they're in a double bind with these "bonus episodes." My understanding is that they literally take place between last year's season finalé and this year's season premiere, so literally nothing consequential can happen...

7. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I don't know whether or not that's true, but if it is they are quite successful.

8. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I quit a couple of seasons ago.

9. Bruce24

Bruce24 Active Member

Jan 8, 2003
    boston
    I agree, the episode in October, the final battle with the Whisperers, was well worth the wait. They should have made these extra season 10 episodes webisodes as they just are a bunch of slow moving filler material. Next weeks episode is the last of these and it seems will give us a glimpse at Negan's past.

10. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I thought they are winding up the series with these episodes. Is there supposed to be another Season?

11. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I quit when Negan took out Glenn. Haven't looked back. I get tired of shows that do a lot of splitting up the groups and then bring them back together for the big finales.
    They have made a deliberate point they don't want to explain the virus or an eventual ending so about all they can do is run in circles.

Martha and Saturn_V like this.
  12. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    One last season (Season 11). It will have 24 episodes instead of the usual 16.

getreal likes this.
  13. Bruce24

Bruce24 Active Member

Jan 8, 2003
    boston
    Last year after they announced that they would delay what was originally supposed to be the season 10 finale, they said they were going to add six episodes to season 10 and that season 11 would the be the final. The last of the six extra episodes will air next Sunday and then season 11 will start to air during the summer, it will be 24 episodes.

getreal likes this.
  14. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    This got me curious when I quit watching the show. Looking at Wikipedia, it looks like I watched to the end of season 3, which was in 2013. I can't believe it's been 8 years since I watched this show.

15. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    Pretty sure my last episode was S09E02 "The Bridge". I don't recall it being a particularly bad start to the season, the "Haven't we already done this before" drag caused the episodes to pile up and I realized that I didn't miss it.

16. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I had no idea this was back. I quit mid-way last season. It was a real struggle.

17. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I made it through the end of the Savior war. We kept recording it, and after 2 seasons had backed up with little chance they would get watched, we just deleted them and the season pass. The only other show this has happened with for us was Blue Bloods.

18. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Been watching it since it first started. I agree that the stories haven't exactly been stellar since the war with the Whisperers, but I've sat through worse shows. I'll watch the final season mainly because I'm curious to see how they wrap things up. Maggie's back so that's a plus. You know there's going to be some fireworks between her and Negan so that ought to be fun. Right now it's basically filler because of the relative lack of other new shows to watch.

19. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    DW commented that it was boring last night after watching this week's episode. However, she still insisted on watching an even more boring show - Talking Dead!

Personally, I gave up on it a couple of seasons ago. It pretty much went to the shark-jumping stage when Rick left, although the Negan storyline was quite compelling.

I only watch because she wants to, but I'm usually playing a game on the iPad while it runs.

20. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    They are still doing Talking Dead???? THought that ended years ago