The Walking Dead - 11/10/19 - S10E6 "Bonds"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SoBelle0, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Pretty sad how little there is to talk about this season.

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the Negan and Beta show. I've always been a fan of JDM, but never of Negan. All that is changing this season. He's funny, and clever, and brings something new to the show rather than just the bad guy, or just the is-he-good/is-he-bad chatter.

BUT, Alpha and that close talking stuff... it's more than just creepy. It's almost gross. I'm sure they're going for grotesque, and that's close.

I do not fully understand what's going on with Carol. Way too sneaky and cheeky... did not care for that. Plus, lying to Daryl. Not cool.

Beryl and tivotvaddict like this.
  2. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I think this has been a really good season, especially in comparison to some recent ones. I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of JDM and Negan. Super interesting to see him come to terms with who he is as a person in the aftermath of the fall of the Saviors. And feels like just the person who can bring down the Whisperers. One thing is for certain, Negan is no whisperer. :D

3. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Negan is playing them for all he is worth. And I love it. He's smart enough to know he can't openly defy them, or else they will kill him. So play along, get in tight, and then Lucille!

I am enjoying this arc. I don't like the Carol/Daryl thing. I don't get why he wouldn't just go along with what she has in mind. They have history. She has saved them so many times. Just go with this Daryl!

4. jtonra

jtonra Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Wilmington,M...
    Do we really think Negan's objective here is to help Alexandria? I'm really not sure what the hell he's up to.

5. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Negan annoying the crap out of Beta was awesome!

So, previously, we saw one of the whisperers fouling is the creek with walker guts. Is that why the Hilltoppers are sick? Who was it that saw them do that?

6. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Yes. He bonded with Judith and want no harm to come to her and some of the others.

I also hated Negan and wanted him dead several seasons ago. However, I’m loving Negan 2.0.

Donbadabon likes this.
  7. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I forget his name, Aaron? - the one with the metal arm

8. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Ah, yes.. that does sound right. So the fouled water seems like the obvious reason that people are getting sick at Hilltop, no? Why hasn't Aaron told them their water supply is contaminated? Not that they could easily find another source of clean water, but they don't seem to even know that the water is responsible! Come to think of it, have we even seen Aaron since he witnessed the water contamination?

9. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Yes, seems obvious that's the cause of the sickness given that it's a tv show. But wouldn't most rivers/creeks/bodies of water be full of zombies in general?

gweempose likes this.
  10. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Huh... I guess Aaron witnessing the water contamination was in the previous episode. I could have sworn it was several weeks ago! But they have radio communication, so it shouldn't take long to alert Hilltop.

11. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I still hate Negan and find him to be a continuing bore.

12. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I used to hate Negan, but he's one of the few characters I actually enjoy watching this season.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Negan's an interesting case for me. I like him a lot more this season, although I'm not sure how much is due to his actual portrayal on the show and how much due to his arc in the comic bleeding over in my mind (where his redemption didn't mostly happen off-screen, but rather was earned over a span of years through his relationship with Rick).