1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead- 11/04/2018 **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by David Platt, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Nov 5, 2018 #1 of 59
    David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I can't even begin to list the number of ridiculous things in this episode.

The horse can barely move at the speed of the walkers. Except for when it can gallop really really fast!

Negan who seems to alternate between Hannibal Lecter badass and "please kill me and put me out of my misery" seemingly at whim.

Yet ANOTHER time jump!!

I just can't even with this show anymore.

2. Nov 5, 2018 #2 of 59
    robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
  3. Nov 5, 2018 #3 of 59
    David Platt

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    What a complete copout. This show has no respect for the few fans it has left. After prepping us all season for Rick's exit: "just kidding! He'll still be around!!"

Yes, I know it's not on the same show, but still. That is so lame.

4. Nov 5, 2018 #4 of 59
    brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    You still have Negan. :p:p:p

5. Nov 5, 2018 #5 of 59
    Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I’m still interested in the show and think Rick's exit will be for its betterment.

That horse was dedicated, unafraid of the walkers and/or wore walker repellent.

As much as I like Andrew Lincoln, I was hoping either he’d just die or the helicopter would hurry and scoop him up. The latter was expected ever since we first saw that helicopter in an earlier season. Trash Lady seems to be seeking redemption.

A few of the hallucinations were good. The interaction with Shane and his claiming of Judith was funny. The ones with Herschel and Sasha were touching. I missed seeing Glen though.

I hope Michonne was pregnant so Judith can have a little brother or sister and be part of the reunion if Rick returns in a few years.

In the time jump, Judith is living up to Daryl's name for her — little ass-kicker. I loved seeing her don that hat.

6. Nov 5, 2018 #6 of 59
    gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Like the random crate full of dynamite sitting on the bridge? :)

7. Nov 5, 2018 #7 of 59
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The kind of dynamite you can set off by shooting it?

tlc likes this.
  8. Nov 5, 2018 #8 of 59
    Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I agree with just about everything.
    I felt bamboozled that this was NOT actually Rick Grimes' final episodes.
    It would have made for a good series finale. I was hoping for Glenn and Lori to show up.
    Part of me wishes I had stopped watching at the commercial break after the bridge blew up.

9. Nov 5, 2018 #9 of 59
    markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    The choice of flashbacks was odd. Shane and Hershel were okay, but I would have thought we'd get Lori or "Coral" instead of Sasha.

Not sure why Rick "saw" lots of helicopters from the hospital window. Has he seen the recurring helicopter before?

Still not sure what the A or B is all about. So Rick is a B?

Not sure how I feel about the upcoming movies. It would be good to see what the helicopter is all about and why they took Rick.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm sure Step 1 of the writing process was "Find out who will be available and willing"...

Beryl and markz like this.
  11. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
  12. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    I have to give my wife 100% credit for predicting that not only will Rick survive but that he will be abducted by the helicopter people. I myself thought there was no way that Rick will be killed off and deprive TWD of having the endless promos for The Return of Rick Grimes episodes in another 3-4 years. But several weeks ago my wife called it after seeing the helicopter briefly in an episode.

And really, why would anyone be surprised that Rick would survive.

13. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Several of us in one of the earlier threads assumed that Rick would get taken in the Helicopter and not actually die.

Fans would have rioted if the main cause of his death was falling off a horse and impaling himself. As soon as the bridge exploded my first thought was nobody saw Rick actually caught in the explosion and they did not show his body before cutting away.

The real surprise for me was the ending. A 6 year time jump is pretty huge.

14. MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    Now they won't have to explain the A or B, or the fate of Jadis, or the helicopter on the series at all.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Ironically, the Carl actor would be pretty much the right age now. :D

16. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I’m a fan and don’t feel bamboozled at all. This is nothing like the "Glenn under the dumpster" thing. Many of us expected that Rick would not really die.

Dynamite set off with a single bullet was dumb but not surprising either. We watched him shoot a length of rope to release logs and smash walkers — also dumb. That was the real reason Rosita put those explosives up there earlier.

I can’t remember the episode but I vaguely remember him standing somewhere and seeing it before anyone else. I figured it to be a possible hallucination — like his visions of Lori. When Andrew mentioned in an interview that he was supposed to leave the show earlier, it made sense.
    True. Makes me wonder...
    Comic book readers (I am not):
    The Whisperers were mentioned on Talking Dead. Does Judith appear to be taking on the role of Carl in the comics or was there a time jump there too?

17. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Pretty sure that was all an act to stay alive. (At least I hope that's the case).

18. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    That was my first thought, that Negan was acting. It will be interesting to see how that plays out after the huge time jump.

19. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    So they had previously shown the dynamite? I don't recall that scene, but it's not like I'm paying super close attention to the show these days. :) I assumed the dynamite just suddenly showed up this episode as a plot device. Did they mention what they were using it for? It seems odd that they would need explosives to rebuild the bridge.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  20. David Platt

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Not sure where some of you are getting that I feel bamboozled because Rick survived. I never said that. I didn’t think they were really going to have the balls to kill him off.

I feel bamboozled because he was supposed to be ‘gone’ after this episode. But instead or that, they pulled a fast one. “Oh sure, he’s gone from THE SHOW. But look— we’ve got three movies continuing his story in the works.”