The Voice - Sneak Peek OAD 4/21/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JLucPicard, Apr 23, 2011.

1. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    As this approached and I saw a bunch of the ads, I wasn't sure if I was going to devote time and disc space to it. After having seen the sneak peek, though, I am definitely setting an SP.

I like the concept for the 'audition' rounds, and don't have any real idea how it's all going to play out from there, but the concept looks interesting enough to check it out.

I won't go into too much detail because they did choose one contestant on the sneak peek show, and I'm not sure if they will re-air that in the premiere or not.

Two things I come away with from that 12 minutes: (a) I hope the pot-shots and trash talking between the judges was overrepresented here and it doesn't get in the way of everything else that they're trying to do and (b) the less time Carson Daly spends on my TV screen, the better!

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I thought about watching this and noticed that it is 10 episodes at 2 hours each. I don't want to dedicate 20 hours of my life to it.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    sneak peek? Huh? I thought it premieres tomorrow..?

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    This one isn't even getting a single viewing by me.

:)

5. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Where did you see it's 2 hours each? 1st 2 episodes are 2 hours, then the rest are 1 hour.

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    OK, I was reading Futoncritic incorrectly. SP coming up.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    May have to record it on my other Tivo. Part 2 interfers with too many shows.

8. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have to mess around with Raising Hope for Part 2.

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    American Idol part 2? Thats what it looks like to me. I'll pass

10. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    In it's effort to overpromote this, NBC actually delayed the Tonight Show by about ten minutes and ran a sneek peak of The Voice. My SP picked it up.

11. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Looks like ( may be wrong) that parts 1 and 2 are both repeated either next day or soon after. My futonCritic isn't coming up. I know both viewings for me messed up some recordings.

12. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    So after the contestants get picked by someone, what do they do then? Start singing ala American Idol until we get down to the final two? LAME!

13. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    This type of show is why having a recorder that can play faster than realtime is useful.
    For American idol, I watch the actual performances at normal time.. but go into 1.5x mode
    for the rest of it. (Plus I'm usually watching it while on the treadmill, so don't mind that it's
    "fluff") Though I even watch the results show, even though it's admittedly FF-worthy most of
    the time (the most recent one had a few decent performances).

14. jpcapili

jpcapili New Member

May 13, 2009
    California
    I like it. no drama.

15. magik537

magik537 New Member

May 4, 2008
    Wow, a refreshing change from American Idol. Hope all those who condemned it before even watching get a chance to view a rerun.

16. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I really enjoyed the show last night. We'll see how it holds up after it moves on to the future rounds.

17. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Recorded it, so now I guess I'll have to watch it. ;)

18. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    It's not 100% clear to me what happens after the blind audition rounds. I know each "judge" coaches their singers (they each select eight people), but I don't know how they eliminate people. Does it go directly to public voting after the blind audition rounds, or is there some inbetween round before it gets to that point? I know it eventually gets to a public vote thing. Carson explained it last night.. But I didn't catch it all.

19. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    I believe the coaches themselves eliminate the next round, thereafter the task falls to the public.

20. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Yes, the judges will trim down their teams to 4 members each. From the descriptions they gave last night two contestants on a team will go head to head and be asked to sing the same song and one of the two will be eliminated by the coach. When they get down to 16 overal members then the viewing audience will get involved.

Then it becomes a question if it will just become a Idol copy with the audience voting.