1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Voice - Season 15 - All eps

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Sep 25, 2018.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Was hoping the producers would cut back on the "back stories" and just show lots of acts. Yeah, wishful thinking. Halfway thru the most recent AGT I deleted my SP and stopped watching (due to all back stories and few acts being shown)

Maybe I'm in the minority. I'll watch the next few eps and see where it goes.

SNJpage1 and osu1991 like this.
  2. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    If only we had a device that let us skip those annoying parts and only watch the singing. :D:p:D

That is pretty much what I do, especially as the season goes one and they're saying the same story over and over.

Last night's show only had one interesting singer, the last one.

TIVO_GUY_HERE likes this.
  3. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Game over. No more suspense on who this season’s winner is going to be, but I’ll keep watching to see every one of her performances.

4. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    In all seasons of the Voice, i've never watched live (AGT also),and skip the backstories.
    Agreed that final singer was a whole lot of awesome.

5. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I also let it get at least one hour into the show before I start watching and skip all backstories.

The last singer was good and the best of the night but I am not ready to call the competition over quite yet.

My current pet peeve though is that the coaches are different enough that 90% of the time you know who a singer is going to choose based on which coaches turned around. Once in a while you get a surprise but not often.

6. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I thought that was going to be the case with that one singer who chose Alicia Keys ... but I was wrong.

upload_2018-9-25_10-56-9.png

7. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    Skipping both backstories and commercials it’s easy to watch both The Voice and DWTS simultaneously in real time.

DouglasPHill likes this.
  8. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I started to watch Monday night's episode and I suddenly thought to myself. Ya know - I don't need to see this show anymore. I always bow out after the blind auditions and the show still has yet to create a superstar of American Idol proportions. Now it's just become same old same old. I think I am singing competition burned out.

lynncosbm likes this.
  9. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    These blind auditions are my favorite parts of the show. Once they get to the heavily-produced portion, I usually tune out.

The phrase 'J-Hud Productions' has gotten old really fast. I think she is an amazing singer but her personality just irks me. And I don't like how she has to look at the other judges for confirmation before she hits her button. If you like them, hit your button!

10. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    The banter between the judges has gone over the top. The show is more about them then the singers competing.

11. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    This season is making up for the total lack of talent last season.

12. cl8855

cl8855 woot!

Jan 2, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    Kennedy (13 yr old from the first episode) goes to my daughter's school ! she is on the local tv shows all over right now, and singing at the parents shin dig at school

bryhamm likes this.
  13. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    That’s more of what I watch for, actually.

14. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just watched the first episode. Wow- she is very talented. But I was even more struck by her poise and maturity. My daughter is 13 and it is night and day the difference between them. I would believe someone if they told me Kennedy was 20-something. She is quite an impressive young woman.

15. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
  16. lynncosbm

lynncosbm Member

Dec 11, 2006
    I decided not to watch this season. I’m not a country music fan and it just feels too many country singers get through. Also, I found Kelly very annoying. I’ll probably watch again next season since John Legend will be a judge and I’m a big fan. But I’m out for now.

17. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    I followed a link in the link I posted above and found out 20 year old Audri Bartholomew, also on Jennifer Hudson’s team, has known Kennedy Holmes for a few years. They’re both from St. Louis and have the same vocal coach. They could go against each other in a battle round.

18. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I'm repeating myself, omg, this seasons singers can sing. Last season was a total loss of talent. I don't know if this is just luck or if the producers decided to focus on the singing rather than just the back stories.

19. gschrock

gschrock Member

Dec 27, 2001
    holt, mi
    I'm more cynical, because I'm not sure that I'm finding that there are that many that area really that good this year. Of course, I've also found that this year I'm even more perplexed at times on why people turn chairs or don't turn. A number of people that I think are absolutely terrible get multiple chair turns while some of those that I thought were pretty decent are lucky to get any chair. Almost to the point where I'm wondering if they've been instructed to intentionally let some people through to get caught on that second chance thing.

For whatever reason, I've also found the sound quality this year to be absolutely terrible. A number of contestants I felt were just plain badly mic'ed. Heck, even my wife asked me about the sound on the show the other night, and she's nowhere near as sensitive to that type of issue as I tend to be.

20. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    Lots of good voices but this 3rd week of auditions was a huge drop off compared to the first two weeks. Only one hour of auditions and one open spot on each team remaining. I have each team as having about five good contenders with two big standouts being Kennedy Holmes for Jennifer and Deandre Nico for Adam.