The Voice Results Show 6/22/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nyny523, Jun 22, 2011.

1. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Well, the four finalists are exactly who I thought they would be.

Personally, I think this is Javier's to lose, but I do love Beverly.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I guess you saw this in the east?

3. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I was 50/50 on my guesses. I missed picked against Javier and Vicci.

I think Javier will win it, although I like Dia.

4. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    I'm glad Xenia was finally sent home. She has a unique sound but she looks like a dead fish up there singing. If she ever learns to perform then she might have a career. Looks like the people love Beverly. I also like Dia, but believe it is Javier's to lose. I would prefer to see an unkown win something like this, not someone who has already released 3 albums with somewhat limited success. But you can't deny Javier has a great voice.

5. cl8855

cl8855 woot!

Jan 2, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    yeah, not surprised at the results so far. I really loved Xenia's voice, but she just needs some experience. Beverly is fun, but i'd never watch/listen to her. I'd be ok with Dia or Javier winning.

6. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    pretty much the way I feel, Dia FTW

7. SLJackson

SLJackson New Member

May 17, 2010
    Wasn't these 4 the ones America put through?

I really like this show, however not really liking how they are competing against the other one on the same team. I originally thought it would be America's vote and if a coach lost both his singers, then the coach lost. With the 4 best going, not one from each team.

I think it will come down to Vicci and Javier, though.

8. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I still really like Dia's sound and wish her good luck.

I think Javier's appearance on this show could help him have a future career... if only he'd get rid of the freaking hat. The one he wore last night was actually DESIGNED to wear it crooked like that... the musical note, or whatever it was, was centered above his face with the cockeyed way he wore it. It made me want to scream.

My order of preference would be Dia, Beverly, Vicci, and then Javier. Sadly, I know that's not America's preference.

9. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    My order of preference is Vicci then Nakia- too bad they were on the same team.

I want to like Dia but she has the grating habit of not looking people in the eye- she always looks away when they talk to her. Just shyness or insecurity, but it irks me.

10. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Dia also needs a stylist.

Those long dresses and flat shoes make her look matronly.

She needs a shorter hemline and higher heels.

11. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    :up: +1

and boo to the "coaches" who wussed out and gave 50/50 on their votes! That just totally negates even have them at this point.

12. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    Boo to the Maroon 5 coach who made it impossible for the girl to go through and then gave a lame excuse as to why.

I have no problem giving one an advantage but to make it near impossible for a singer to advance seems wrong to me.

13. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Or at least have the balls to say "He outperformed you so I gave him more points".

14. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    That's funny...I told my wife that unless a coach did an even split it would be practically impossible for America's vote to overcome the coaches vote, which is exactly what happend with Adam's pick.

I actually had no problem with his reason. He basically said I'm putting you through because this is going to be your last chance. I'd much prefer that to the 50/50 thing which seems like a copt (spelling) out.

15. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Casey got creamed, like 138-62 total. Even if Adam has switched his vote to 65-35 for Casey she still would have lost 108-92.

16. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    I was going to mention that but couldn't recall the numbers. I just remember that Adam giving the extra votes to Javier didn't make any difference. It certainly wouldn't have made it impossible for her to advance to the finals.

Blake and Adam seemed happy with their results but it was kind of obvious that both Cee-Lo and Christina weren't as happy. Looked to me like Cee-Lo wanted Nikia and Christina wanted Frenchie.

17. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Does anyone know what happens for the finals? Is it all done by America's voting?

I would like to see 100 points for each judge, but they can't use any points on their own person.

18. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    I have a feeling Adam has a better recording contract for Casey than the one she would have gotten had she won the show.

19. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Numbnuts referred to it again, but could someone refresh my memory on what got Frenchie disqualified from American Idol?

20. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Topless photos.