The Vampire Diaries - "The Sun Also Rises" - OAD 5/5/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, May 5, 2011.

1. May 5, 2011 #1 of 19
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well, that was intense!

I get why they all feel betrayed by Elijah but I certainly hope that Stefan of all people will understand it. He even told Elijah he couldn't do it to Damon and only accepted that Elijah could because Klaus killed all their siblings. If Elijah has a chance to get them back, who could blame him? No it's not what they all wanted or hoped for but I don't think it makes him totally dishonorable now.

Yes, the story was definitely mother/child. That's why they couldn't save Jenna. Poor Alaric, all his women turn to vamps and die. I guess he'll have to take over the role of guardian now. John was a total ass who deserved to die until the final moments when he totally redeemed himself.

So glad they found a way to keep Elena human. I was not looking forward to vamp!Elena and vamp!Katherine running around together.

Bonnie was badass.

Tyler and Caroline were awesome! Was it just me, or was he totally still naked and she curled up under the blanket with him. hmm... not that I wouldn't as well but it seemed a bit weird. lol

Yes, Matt.. you have your own boring human life. Go live it on another continent and let Caroline be awesome with her new boy Tyler who actually appreciates and gets her and all her awesomeness!

2. May 6, 2011 #2 of 19
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Not a good night for you if your name started with J...Jenna, Jules, and John all gone. Why didn't they add Jeremy to the list?

Pretty much figured that Elijah wouldn't be able to kill Klaus. Wonder when they will be back? They sure do make things interesting.

Well they can't let Damon die, so Bonnie better be finding some witchy poo spell to cure his wolf bite.

So since they didn't kill Klaus, is Katherine stuck in the apartment or will there be some loop hole that lets her escape, again?

Can't believe next week is the season finale!:(

3. May 6, 2011 #3 of 19
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Next season they'll have Klaus and Elijah floating around picking up dismembered family body parts. Flash scene "Back in Mystic Falls" it's comedy hour with Katherine and Alaric roommates for life.

4. May 6, 2011 #4 of 19
    robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I'm kind of thinking Elijah is a sap, and we'll see him dead next episode.

5. May 6, 2011 #5 of 19
    pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    that felt more like a season finale than the one before a season finale, i wonder what's in store for the actual last episode! no way Damon dies, while they aren't shy about killing off other characters, the trio are 100% safe imo.

6. May 6, 2011 #6 of 19
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Daniel (Elijah) and Joseph (Klaus) do not appear in the finale that I know of. The finale has been mention that another source will cause upheaval. I can only assume that means She's The Sheriff. More deaths.

7. May 6, 2011 #7 of 19
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Not to mention WW-freaked out Damon causing trouble.

8. May 7, 2011 #8 of 19
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Matt is a total bore. He should wear a brown shirt, brown pants, brown shoes, a brown hat, drive a brown car and live in a brown house. He's not good enough for my Caroline.

Caroline can join River Song in my tv girlfriend harem.

I felt kind of bad at the burial. Two Gilberts die and only the Scoobies showed up. John was a total d-bag so I can see why nobody would be bothered to show up for him but Jenna must have had a couple of friends and coworkers.

Jenna was a dope. Instead of biting Greta on the neck, she should have snapped it. It definitely sucked to be a member of Greta's family this season.

Damon can't die or there'd be no real compelling reason to watch the show next season. He's by far the most consistently interesting character.

9. May 7, 2011 #9 of 19
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    They compelled the gravediggers and buried them in unmarked plots by the other Gilbert graves. That's why nobody came. They didn't want to have to explain the deaths.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I heard Damon say that but it doesn't make sense. Nobody's going to miss Jenna? Even Sheriff Dumbass would notice something was wrong.

11. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I have no idea.

12. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Ditto, I'm curious how they're going to explain Jenna's disappearance.

I almost wish Damon weren't *quite* so central to the show because there's no tension over whether he'll make it or not. He's the star. He's fine. Anyone but the big three and they'd be a goner.

Happy to see Jenna & John gone, though!

13. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    maybe they will break with tradition and kill off Damon....

lol

ok, nevermind, they will never do that.

14. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    LOL Not gonna happen but I'd love for them to kill him off and trick the audience into believing it for the summer. Ian could even do interviews as if he is really off the show. Can you say fangirl uproar?

Wait. No I don't want that because I'd probably fall for it myself the way they love to kill off characters I like.

15. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Don't even kid about killing Damon. Stefan yes Damon NO NO NO

16. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Everyone knows the central three are not going anywhere. I don't know why they bother trying to get everyone worked up with a "oh no, he might die!"

17. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    The show revolves around witches, vampires, and werewolves.
    They might kill him off, but find a way to bring him back at the start of the next season. Obviously involving Elena doing something and there would be a stronger attracting angst between the two. :D

18. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    SO this.

19. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Agreed. I think elena will be instrumental to curing damon and it'll strengthen their bond.

(haven't watched last night's episode yet)

Also, I like the ep title for the last ep. For weeks I've assumed it meant elena, but after this ep now i assume it means damon.