The Vampire Diaries - "The Reckoning" - OAD 10/13/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Oct 14, 2011.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Wow. I'm still processing this episode. SO much happened that I'm not sure where to begin......

So Tyler is a hybrid now? Wow, did not see that coming but really I guess I should have. When Klaus snapped his neck I think I might have literally yelped then started cursing. No killing off Tyler! Can't wait to see where they go with this.

So Klaus compelled Stefan to turn it all off but didn't they make it clear last season that after a few hundred years or so it wasn't possible to do this? Rose and Damon had this conversation I believe. So how is Stefan able to be compelled to turn it off? I find that a bit confusing.

At the end when he came in the house like nothing had happened, I have to say that's the most I've enjoyed Stefan since the series began. Let's leave him in this cold, uncaring state for awhile. Cold Stefan has more swagger too.

So the guy from the bar in the 20s is Michael, the original that hunts other vampires. There has to be more to this story if Klaus is afraid of him. I mean, original or not, if you can't be killed you can't be killed, right? So why the fear in Klaus??

Oh and before I forget, my obligatory UNDAGGER ELIJAH ALREADY.
    Yes, I'm aware he's supposed to show up in a flashback coming up in a couple of episodes but I want him in present now. Right now. :mad:
    Was I the only one chanting "Let him die. Let him die." when Matt jumped into the pool? No? Good. Damnit Bonnie, had to screw that up for me, didn't you? Ugh. They love to tease me!

Katherine and Damon were pretty boring this episode. I can't believe I just typed that. :eek: I guess because so much else happened that their scenes seemed uneventful... well except for Damon cracking poor Jeremy's head. Since when are these two not cool? I thought for awhile Jeremy was gonna be Damon's puppy then they just kinda dropped that line when he hooked up with the judgy witch.

More thoughts later, I'm sure!

2. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    action packed episode! loved it.

and agree about cold stefan, so much better than puppy dog obsessed with elena stefan! hope that continues.

still catching grief for watching this show :)

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I get grief all the time. Then I give my list of favorite shows and say that if I include this among shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter, Justified, Walking Dead, SOA, Boardwalk Empire.....then it surely must say something about how awesome (and non teeny-drama-roll-your-eyes-twilighty) it really is.

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It's kinda hard to drown yourself especially when all you have to do is unbuckle a belt.

Still not liking the ghosts.

I wish Damon would stop mooing over Elena. Jeez, dude. You had the right girlfriend when you had Caroline.

I hope the original gangsta vampire hunter is truly badass. Klaus bores me.

Senior prank night? Does that exist?

5. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Wasn't just you. I was hoping he was going to stay dead, too. And I was really hoping Klaus would kill Bonnie.

Earlier in the season Anna told Jeremy that Vicki couldn't be trusted. Is that because Vicki is working for the witch (at least I assume she is since she told Matt that Elena had to die?):confused:

I enjoyed the Damon and Katherine road trip. I think they are entertaining. I laughed when Damon threw her off and told her she didn't do it for him anymore. The look on her face was great! Nina does a great job of playing those 2 characters do differently.

I still hate Stefan, but maybe he'll be a little more entertaining now.

Oh, and so glad Tyler didn't die. Wonder how long til Klaus comes back for him and for more of Elena's blood?

6. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Hated "compelled Stephan" but loved "evil Stephan" at the end.

Why didn't Damon grab the bag of blood when he rescued Elena? Way to leave it lying around for more hybrid food.

So it sounds like Vicky's advice was sound...kill Elena, no more hybrids. Does that mean it's Anna that can't be trusted?

7. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I think the bag of blood was gone. All we saw him hold up was the tube connected to her arm.