The Vampire Diaries "The Last Dance" 4/14/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Apr 15, 2011.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Ding dong the witch is dead! Oh no, wait, seriously, she's not? Damn.:mad:

Great ep. Loved Alaric as Klaus.

2. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    one of the best episodes of the series for me, and still 3-4 more left this season right? :)

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Wow, first I have to give it up... I LOVED Matt Davis getting to play the bad guy for a few. He was most excellent at it. Almost makes me want Alaric to turn bad... the only thing stopping me from really wanting that is how great the BFF vibe is with him and Damon.

Katherine was indeed having a bad day!

There's a reason I didn't get too shocked when Bonnie "died". I just somehow knew that could not be it for her character. It was too quick and Klaus wasn't dead. I did feel for Elena though but totally side with Damon on keeping them in the dark. Pretty much they have all proven to be the worst secret keepers in the history of time!

Seriously I know I shouldn't sympathize with Damon because he's done sooo many things wrong but I'll be damned if they didn't get me again with his "I'll always choose you" to Elena. I'm pretty sure right then and there I'd be his. Stefan who??

YAY!!!!!!!! Elena resurrecting Elijah! Highlight of the entire episode for me. Oh and
    "I'm pretty sure the phrase you're looking for is O. M. G."
    from the previews for next week had me giddy. I'm not sure I could enjoy a bad guy more. Kevin, Amy, can we keep him? Pleeeeeeease??

So next week we get flashbacks of Klaus and the Katherine story. Why do I get the feeling that he might be the only guy around that DIDN'T fall for her. Hell maybe even Elijah did and helped her escape thinking they'd run off together and then she betrayed him like she does everyone else? (Just a thought, I have no spoiler knowledge of anything remotely close to that!)

I'm still a bit worried about Alaric though. We have no resolution on the after effects of Klaus taking over him. And since they gave us the big fake out with Bonnie that means I would lay money on someone we care about dying for real next episode... and the most obvious on that would be Alaric. Probably at the end of the episode after the flashback when we come back to present day and see Klaus in the flesh and poor dead, tossed away Alaric in the background. :( I'm the speculation queen this week!!!

Okay enough from me. Who else has thoughts? I could go on all day!! :p

4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I felt sorry for Katherine. Would seriously suck to be told to stab yourself in the leg over and over.

So Caroline told Matt everything including that Tyler is a werewolf. That can't be good.

I don't like that Klaus/Alaric had vampire powers like compulsion, but that he could enter Elena's house uninvited. I'm not usually a stickler for details, but that one bugged me.

5. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh yes, Caroline and Matt! UGH. I was soooo wishing Caroline had gotten in on all this week's action and Matt would have followed her and gotten himself into a predicament with Klaus, ending in his death. I know I'm a broken record but I cannot stand this character and really can't stand him for Caroline.

I figured she told him everything... about everyone... even secrets that really were not hers to share. And since she thinks he's compelled, no big deal.

As for Klaus entering without an invite. Nothing bugs me about the Originals now, especially him. He's supposedly the oldest vampire ever, maybe THE original. He can compel other vampires, possess bodies at will, obviously not die like other vamps so why would it be so odd that while possessing said body he has rights to enter?

6. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Klaus ain't the brightest vampire in the cave. Like a true tv villain, he announced his presence to the gang and explained his plan to kill Bonnie to Bonnie. Dude, use your super vamp speed and strength to snap her neck when she least expects it. Or shoot her. If I ever become a vampire, I'm carrying a gun.

7. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I totally expected her to have had some of Damon's blood and she was going to be a vampire now. I thought for sure that's where they were going with the whole "are you willing to do whatever it takes?" thing with her and Damon, and then they were off camera. I told my SO, "man, by the end of this show, Elena is going to be the only person who isn't a vampire."

:up::up::up::D:D:D

Damon has been my fave right from the start. I know they need angst but he's so much hotter and more interesting than Stefan! ;)

Yeah, I like his character... he's a great bad guy. :)

8. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    4 More eps left.

4/21 titled
    Klaus

4/28 titled
    The Last Day

5/5 titled
    The Sun Also Rises

and season finale 5/12 titled
    As I Lay Dying

Ep titles and spoiler info can be found at http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/18/vampire-diaries-finale-scoop/ Actually, I thought they were pretty mild spoilers, but YMMV so view at your own risk.