The Vampire Diaries "The Hybrid" 9/22/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Sep 23, 2011.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm rapidly getting sick of Elena. Her boyfriend spent the summer killing 742 people and she's whining about him being redeemable. What about the people he killed? It sucks to be them?

I'm not too thrilled about the Matt/Jeremy/ghosts subplot either.

I totally wasn't expecting the "Daddy?" bit at the end. That partially redeemed the previous 59 minutes.

Klaus' accent just annoys the hell out of me. He sounds like he should be wearing assless chaps in a BDSM dungeon or something.

2. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    "Save the hot blond vampire, save the word!"

Elena was really, really annoying (but hot to look at when Damon threw her in the water) in this episode.
    You have vampire hunter Alaric with an eternity ring (as Damon called it) and a vampire tromping through the woods going after a pack of werewolves, a centuries old hybrid, and ripper Stefan. Seems like she wanted to die! Even if they got to the pack before the rise of the full moon, we've seen how werewolves are stronger than vampires in human form just before the full moon. The situation seemed too dangerous for a pouting teenage girl that's love sick over a undead boyfrined.

I'm not too sure about the ghosts plot either, but you have to give the supporting cast something to do.

Damon and Alaric made the episode awesome! The feral/rabid hybrids were pretty cool too.

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Okay busy day so you beat me to the punch on creating the thread. Booo! ;)

First, I just have to say how giddy seeing Alaric with his tools in the backpack made me. But of course they just tease and he didn't get to use any of them. Double boooooo! BUT super duper happy to see him get the ring back. That's about all the use Elena was in this episode.

Second, someone tell me how Stefan heard them tromping up the mountain and Klaus didn't. Preoccupied? I call BS.

Third, the best part of the episode for me was "Let's skip the part where we pretend we don't know about the vampires in this town" and then the look on Carol's face when Tyler started transforming.

Ghosts are still annoying. I loved Anna but this is pissing me off.

So as far as Klaus creating hybrids, I suppose it didn't work because he didn't really kill the doppelganger? At least not permanently. Just wait until he realizes Elena is alive. (and he should have already - see my BS comment above)

Loved Damon's "Don't move!" and then seeing the effects of the wolf and Elena face to face, followed by his "Here doggie doggie" and a super vamp speed exit.

Nitpick. Is it just me or did it go from complete daylight to middle of the night dark after Damon and the hybrid took off and then fought? Are we to believe they were off that long?

Daddy Forewood. Why can I not remember the story on him before now? Have we ever heard why he and she's the sheriff are not together now? I'm usually better with details than this.

4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Still too much Matt and Jeremy, but no Bonnie and otherwise a very entertaining ep!

I just wanted someone to smack Elena, but throwing her in the lake was good enough. She acts so stupid and I get annoyed, but then I remember that the character is only 18, so I really need to cut her some slack.

They spent hours hiking in until Elena got a clue and decided it was too dangerous to be there, and they mentioned the sun was setting. So I think it's accurate that it would take til the middle of the night for Elena and Ric to get back to the vehicle and for Damon to meet them there.

I so did not see "Daddy" coming, but what a great surprise. I love Mr Horned Rimmed Glasses (Heroes reference) so hope he sticks around for a while. I don't ever remember there being mention of him before, but I have CRS these days, so could just be me.

So the Mayor now knows that Tyler is a werewolf. She took it better than I expected.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I was surprised that Mrs Lockwood didn't know about werewolves and the Lockwood curse.

6. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Caroline has previously yelled at her mom and said it's no surprise Daddy Forbes ran away with a dude. So all we knew before was that he left them, and he was gay.

7. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    It was mentioned that she married into the family. It's possible she wasn't aware of the Lockwood supernatural family history.