The Vampire Diaries - "The End of the Affair " - OAD 9/29/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Sep 30, 2011.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Okay first of all, WTF with all the retcon. I'm so not liking this "Oh we used to be great friends but I compelled you to forget.....but wait, you can remember again! Oh and guess what! You were in love with my sister!" blah. :thumbsdown:

I'm now hoping Klaus takes Stefan and goes far far away so I don't have to spend 85% of my hour watching them. Is it just me or is Klaus just not all that scary. I'm not sure if it's the actor or the character as written but he's just not pulling off the super villain that scares even crazy ass Katherine.

And of course the necklace Elena has was Rebecca's. pfft. I actually did like Rebecca though. She can stay. But first GO GET ELIJAH! I'm losing patience with this.

More bad: No Alaric. (I refuse to write Ric. Hate that shortened name) Why wasn't he with Damon and Elena this time? I mean, if they aren't going to actually give him a storyline then at least let him have his screentime with Damon that I love.

Now on to the good stuff. Elena in the closet with Stefan's diary when he looks in there at her. They kinda broke my heart a bit with the look she gave him. However, I am not looking forward to how long this separation drags on this season. I really don't care who she ends up with but I really think the writers have Elena/Stefan in their minds as end game. So all the bs in between with Damon is just to toy with us. I know the triangle is the heart of TVD story, I could just do without it. That being said, I do look forward to the showdown between Damon and Stefan when Stefan does finally come back and she's with with Damon. Doh!

So glad it was Tyler and Liz to go get Caroline. YAY! Tyler came through for her this time. These two are my favorite pairing. I don't even care if it's romantic or friendship. They just have awesome chemistry together. And her dad is a dick. I know he thinks he's trying to fix her but he's still a dick. HRG in full force!

More good: No Matt. No judgy witch. No ghosts.

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm not liking this season much. Klaus needs to go. I don't care where, just away. Get off my tv. Am-scray. Somehow or other this has become the Klaus Diaries. The whole "we were once close as brothers but I compelled you to forget" thing is just stupid.

How the hell does an apartment stay vacant for 90 years? That might be the stupidest thing this show has ever done. Ninety years and nobody new moved in, nobody upgraded the appliances, the electricity was still on etc...

Elena's a moron but that's not news.

I love Caroline.

Did Tyler use super wolf strength to break Caroline's bonds? Does the sheriff know he's a werewolf, I don't remember? Did Caroline's evil dad notice?

3. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I find it hard to believe that the Katherine we saw be mortally afraid of Klaus was hanging out in the night club in Chicago where Klaus was.

4. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    And I agree that Klaus isn't scary enough, even though he's supposed to be uber-hybrid-awesome-evil-dude. I miss the days when Damon/Stefan/Elena were actually afraid of Katherine.

5. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Oh, and Nina Dobrev is awesome. It's amazing how Katherine can be 10x hotter than Elena.

6. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh yes, the apartment! You're right, that is the dumbest thing they have pulled in the entire series. Still vacant and exactly as it was 90 years ago and apparently cobweb/bug/dust free! Oh and in the middle of downtown Chicago. Right.

I thought Tyler did use his strength. Not sure if anyone noticed it. Not sure how they wouldn't have but it wasn't made apparent to us if they did.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Who's paying Elena's bills?

8. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I assume there was a large inheritance from her parent's estate. Plus insurance and all that from their death.

9. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    How did Klaus go from being so scary to so boring so quickly? Must be because he's hanging out with his BFF Stefan....boring friends forever. Elijah was 100 times more scary. Please, bring back Elijah.

I'm guessing Rebecca isn't going to be too happy when she finds out that Elena has her necklace.

I like the new witchy poo. Kill Bonnie and keep her around.

The more Tyler and Caroline are together the better!

Did I just tune them out, or was there no Matt and Jeremy this ep? Yippee. No Ric? Boo!

10. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    He is looking hotter this season, too! I think he and Jeremy must be weight lifting buddies or something.

I wish he'd wear the HRG's. :)

I was wondering who were they running from when the nightclub was getting shot up with wooden bullets? Obviously someone knew about them, but they kinda dropped that after one of them said "he's here". Well, I guess they didn't drop it because someone had a sketch of the two of them afterwards.

Also, I guess it wasn't fashionable for Klaus to go by that name in the '20s. :) Nick isn't a very terror inspiring name. ;) I agree he hasn't really been that scary this season, which is too bad, because I kinda like his character, but right now he's a bit of a sad sack. Hopefully Elijah is there in one of those coffins, and someone will wake him up.

I also found it kind of hard to believe that Klaus wouldn't have been able to sense Elena in the closet like 5 feet away from him. He's an original, are you telling me he couldn't smell or hear her breathing with his super hearing?

11. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I suspend disbelief most of the time, but this shook me into the real world. HELLO? Are the writers this season all new? Have they not even bothered to watch the past seasons? Heck, I could've probably smelled Nina and whatever perfume she is wearing.

[edit] I hate blond girls. (history), but I'm falling in love with Caroline.

12. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Your comment reminded me of the 80's series "War of the Worlds"

13. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    The other characters weren't looking, they were out in the hallway.

I doubt the bonds were locked, just latched. But he did just bust them open!