The Vampire Diaries "Know Thy Enemy" 4/7/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Apr 8, 2011 #1 of 14
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Yippee, it's back!

Wow, can't believe Isobel's gone for good. That was so creepy.

Ugh, Caroline is back to her old self. Hope that doesn't last long. So what are Matt and her Mom up to?

So male wichy poo of Claus' turned Alaric into Claus?

This so is just sooo good. Now, if only Bonnie and Jeremy would die, I'd be happy.

2. Apr 8, 2011 #2 of 14
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    YAY! That was a LONG 6 weeks. I thought it was never going to get to this episode.

Sorry to do this but it's Klaus, not Claus. He's not Santa! :D

And cripes just when I think I know exactly what's going on, Alaric turns around as is Klaus. On one hand, it gives Matt Davis fun doing another character but this makes me fear for Alaric big time since we know very soon Klaus in his own flesh will be showing up.

I so love that Katherine got double crossed again.
    That punch Alaric gave John was awesome, even after seeing it in the preview.

Please show do 3 things for me, I beg of you.
    1. Stop making Damon a moron. Moonstone in the soap dish. Really? REALLY? Ugh.
    2. Can Matt die now please? Like right now? Even off screen is okay with me? I thought I hated him before. Gah.
    3. Why do you INSIST on making Caroline chase after Matt so? It's bordering on pathetic how she is with him. I just do no get it. She's so strong and badass when not around him. Ugh.

Speaking of, I really wonder just how much Caroline told him... does Liz now know about ALL the vamps including Damon? Does she know Tyler is a wolf? I have a feeling the answer is yes since Caroline wanted to tell Matt "everything".

Must go rewatch because I know I missed something in trying to keep all the double crossing straight!!

3. Apr 8, 2011 #3 of 14
    robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    IF Caroline told Matt everything, including Klaus and how the Salvatore brothers (I spell that right?) are trying to defeat him, the curse, Vampires in the sun, and all the rest I could imagine Caroline's mother maybe taking a back seat to ridding the town of the less evil vamps.

However it will add more drama, and more screen time for Caroline if her mom decides to go full on vampire hunter on the scooby gang. The future is not looking good for Caroline, this show kills off a lot of characters and I think the way this plot is moving her security is vanishing.

4. Apr 8, 2011 #4 of 14
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    But you knew who I meant, huh?:)

5. Apr 9, 2011 #5 of 14
    Gene S

Gene S Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Belleville, IL
    Am I the only one confused about the Alaric, Klaus whatever? I really don't understand the difference between the two of them. One of them is supposed to be an original, the other is a what? And why does it matter to the story?

The guy (Klaus?) that turned around in the chair, looks like the guy that Elana's sister (aunt, cousin, mother) is dating.

This is the only show I watch where I'm having trouble keeping up with all the characters. There are too many, too simular, and not enough screen time/interest to define the differences.

6. Apr 9, 2011 #6 of 14
    pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    Klaus is using Alarics body. Whether Alaric is dead we dont' know. But the witch doing the hocus pocus was obviously putting Klaus into Alaric, from where we don't know.

Love this show, so much going on, rapid character storylines/killings, etc., etc., Glad it's back!!

7. Apr 9, 2011 #7 of 14
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Isobel met with Alaric (Elena's teacher and her aunt's boyfriend) and after Isobel apologized to Alaric, and then Klaus' witch captured Alaric. At the end of ep, we see Alaric sitting in a chair with Klaus' witch chanting and pumping blood into Alaric. After the chanting stops Alaric stands up and Katherine recognizes him as Alaric, but then sees that he is really Klaus. Looks like somehow the witch turned Alaric into Klaus. I'm not sure if Alaric will permanently be Klaus, or if he's just somehow possessed by Klaus?

8. Apr 9, 2011 #8 of 14
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Gene S, you can't keep the characters straight? How long have you been watching the show? I ask because although they throw a lot at you in one hour, I find it hard to believe someone watching from day one would have any trouble at all knowing who was who.

9. Apr 9, 2011 #9 of 14
    Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    A different actor has been cast to play Klaus. As to when and how he will make his appearance is unknown. So, it would seem that Alaric is temporarily possessed by Klaus.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Does Caroline's mother know she's a vampire? Wasn't her mom made to forget? I probably used to know but these darn long breaks are hard on the memory.

This may sound dumb because this show deals with vampires and werewolves but I'm rapidly getting tired of witches and warlocks. At least there are rules involved with vampires and werewolves but once you start depending more and more on magic, the story tellers can pull any old thing out of their butts because, well, it's magic.

11. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    She did know, but they did make her forget when she was locked up in Damon and Stefan's basement (where they were waiting for the vervain to get out of her system).

12. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    But I assume, after she slammed Matt against the car for being borderline threatening to her, she heard him out.. which is how he was at her house when Caroline came home and she was in the car waiting on him. I don't think she has any idea though that she knew this info before.

13. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Right, me either. Unless she told that to Matt, too. :)

14. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Which is possible since she told him she attacked him in the woods... probably the same story where she revealed Tyler's secret too. Ugh. So annoyed.