The Vampire Diaries - "Klaus" - OAD 4/21/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Apr 22, 2011.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    So the curse is all a bunch of BS. Poor Tyler, he really better get used to turning every full moon! Glad the show realized that whole Aztec thing was inconsistent. Did not see the hybrid supernatural being thing coming. No wonder everyone is scared ******** of him. And he and Elijah are brothers? Katherine knew this. Why didn't she tell Damon and Stefan??

And sorry but I have to squee YAYAYAYAYAY! For the return of Elijah. He and his awesome hair are back!

Not impressed with the actor playing Klaus. He's just not as awesome as Daniel Gillies is playing Elijah. At least IMO. I wish they had reversed their characters. Picturing Gillies as Klaus instead is so much more appealing to me. Am I alone?? Hell I even loved Matt Davis playing Klaus better. Maybe Joseph Morgan will change my mind the more I see of him. I'm hoping. I don't want constant disappointment as it seems he's gonna be around awhile.

I thought the whole vampire thing just manifested your personality to the nth degree. So how is Katherine such an evil, conniving, b!tch as a vamp but she was pretty much Elena as a human? Doesn't make sense to me.

Also did I miss something? Why were Stefan and Damon about to fight? That seems out of sorts. Not like Stefan just found out Damon was in love with Elena.

That ending with Andie was hard to watch. Ian Somerhalder just brings it in those scenes. He's disgusting and abusive yet he makes me feel sympathy for Damon anyhow. That's good acting. Damn, that look back as she was running out with her blood trickling down his mouth was intense.

Am I missing anything?? Probably but I'm rambling so who else has thoughts!?

2. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I really like the actor they chose for Klaus. He's not as attractive as Elijah, which is fine with me because I don't want to lust after Klaus! But he has the look that can be scary mean, which is exactly what Klaus is supposed to be!

So Jenna had to retire to bed to have the vapors over Vamps and Weres being real. Seriously, why is she even there? What a baby.:rolleyes:

I thought the Stefan and Damon fight was totally in character. Stefan trusted Elena and was willing to wait around for her to do what she needed to do. Damon is Mr Action now pay the consequences later, and he hates when anyone tries to tell him what to do. Plus, the anger and jealousy has to have been building in him with Elena living in the house with Stefan. I'm surprised they didn't come to blows before now.

Love, love, LOVE this show!

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I suppose being on the run from a pair of original vamps for 500 years could have an affect on one's personality. Or learning that Klaus, a guy you were falling for, was planning to kill you.

I wasn't quite clear on the curse thing. How is the sun and moon curse not true? Werewolves change with the full moon, and most vamps burn in sunlight. What explanation is there for that?

At the end, I first thought that Andie may have snuck a glug or two of the potion that Damon gave Katherine. Guess not.

4. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    Klaus tracked down Katherine's family and killed them. Also being on the run and looking over your shoulder for 500 years would be stressful.

5. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    Klaus made the curse up himself. Werewolves have always changed with the full moon and non original vampires have always burned in the sun. The lie was that there WAS a time in the distant past when werewolves controlled their transformations and non original vampires walked in the sun light.

Klaus made up the curse so that both species (vampires/werewolves) would be looking for the doppelganger. To make her easier to find. Klaus needs the doppelganger to unlock his werewolf side. Not to break the fake curse.

At least that's how I understood it. Someone please correct me if I got it wrong.

6. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    ^ Nope you pretty much nailed it.

7. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    so the only thing I probably need to rewatch is the 'what made them originals' - was that covered? b/c Elijah said they were born to human parents and that all the siblings were human once. so, how did they become vampires? Or did i mis-hear the story?

Also, there are just 2 brothers in play right? Leaving what, 5 more siblings to come back around during future shows? :)

8. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    He didn't say. His comment on that was just "Our origin of vampires is a very long story, Elena" so I assume we'll find that out later, maybe not even this season?

9. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    ok, cool, so i didn't miss it then! i have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of "the originals" in the coming episodes... has the show been renewed? there are only 2 more episodes this season right?

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yes 2 more... only 2. That's depressing me now! And no, I don't believe it's been officially renewed but it might as well have been. No way it's not coming back. I don't think anyone is even considering that.

11. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    There are 3 more eps left this season. I posted this info at the end of last week's thread, too.

4/28 titled

The Last Day

5/5 titled

The Sun Also Rises

and season finale 5/12 titled
    As I Lay Dying

Edit: I had posted the EW link where this info came from, but that link no longer appears to be working. I'll see if I can find the info again.

Edit again: Well now the link is working again, I think, http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/18/vampire-diaries-finale-scoop/ Anyway, it has mild spoilers (very mild) for the remainder of the season, but view at your own risk.

12. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Ah yes, 3 left in the season. Don't know what I was thinking. Still depressing.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Looks like there are no ugly or below average looking vampires in this show's universe either.

Has it ever been explained why a doppleganger is needed to lift the curse?

Now that Jenna and Matt know about vamps and werewolves, is there any other significant person still in the dark?

Did Elijah say that the vampire race is the result of a witch's curse? What boneheaded witch thought that one up? "I curse you to be an eternal, good looking, sexy killing machine."

14. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Carol Lockwood? I think she may be the only one.

15. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Well she's in the dark about all the werewolves and vampires running around in her social circle, but isn't she on the council? Or was that just her husband?

16. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I do believe she knows vampires exist but I'm pretty sure she's completely in the dark about her husband, son, son in law being werewolves. And I know there's no way she has any idea of all the vampire activity going on. So as far as humans, she's probably the most in the dark at this point.... that I can think of.

17. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I think Carla Lockwood knows more than we've been led to believe. Way more. Like everything. She is hiding it for some purpose we haven't seen yet.

to be fair, I had no idea of her name before this thread. Just... character played by Susan Walters.

18. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    It would be funny if she turned out to be the savior of the scoobie gang.

19. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    It would be totally awesome if Chuck Norris arrived to save the day! LOL. Yeah, I understand this is totally before most of the target audience was born.

20. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    It's actually Carol. ;)