The Vampire Diaries - "Ghost World" - OAD 10/27/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Oct 28, 2011.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Okay where to even start with this one.

Was thrilled to see Lexi back. I wish somehow we could make that permanent. Curse you Damon for killing her off so soon. I also really liked the dynamic between Mason and Damon. I think this was the most I've liked him ever and now he's gone again too. Bromance! Alaric can't stay mad at his BFF... especially after such a heart felt apology!
    Damon: Other than Elena you’re pretty much the only one I trust
    Alaric: Well you’ve got a crappy way of showing that
    Damon: Look, if Mason Lockwood could get over the fact that I killed him, can’t you cut me a little slack Ric?
    Alaric: I shouldn't have to get over it, I was your friend Damon. You shouldn’t have done it in the first place.
    Damon: Well, sometimes I do things I don’t have to do
    Alaric: You’re gonna recycle that same crap-ass apology you gave Mason Lockwood?
    Damon: Yeah, well, I didn’t mean it with him
    :p Heeee
    Damon gets the best lines. Even the little ones I almost forget by the time I post, such as him rolling up to Bonnie and Caroline and saying "Greetings blondie.... witchy."

I'm not sure what I think of the Jeremy/Anna thing. If she wasn't a ghost I would have been all about them again because I'm not Bonnie's biggest fan but yeah, that wasn't cool. Now he thinks Bonnie's going to just forget he was making out with ghost-Anna? Yeah, not so much. <shallow> Although, there is something about the look Jeremy gets on his face when he's about to get all sexytime. I noticed it right before that first kiss with Bonnie too. It kinda makes me swoon a bit. Then I feel dirty cuz he's so young. </shallow>

Oh Elena. Please. Nobody thinks you're ever going to give up on Stefan. Especially him. So what's the plan? To just leave him in the dungeon until he can force himself to get over being compelled? Yeah I'm sorry but I don't buy that it can happen, even though I fully expect it to play out that way. Booo. If he's compelled to lose his humanity, where would he get the notion to WANT to change that? That's the entire point of it all!!

I did feel a little verklempt at the end with Anna finding Pearl. Ugh, I hate when they get to me!

Oh and what was the thing with Bonnie seeing the necklace was still in what appeared to be one piece? That confused me. Either it was destroyed and that's why the ghosts left or it wasn't and we have no idea why they left. hmmmm

2. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I thought the ghost storyline was awesome. Wow, so great to see some of my favorite characters return. I really loved Lexi and was so bummed when Damon killed her. Too bad she didn't get to stay. I wish Mason and Tyler had been able to talk. But there was so much going on I guess they couldn't fit that into this ep. Was happy to see Anna get reunited with Pearl.

Jeremy trying to be all sexy just grosses me out. I hate his character except when he's tagging around after Damon. YMMV.:)

I actually didn't hate Bonnie this ep. That's new.

Really glad Damon and Ric kissed and made up.

This ep was so good I wasn't even bummed that they didn't have anything on the Michael storyline. I'm sure that's up next.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!!!!

3. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yeah Jeremy in general doesn't do much for me in the story of it all. He and Bonnie together are a snoozefest. As a woman, I get why she's mad/upset/hurt about the Anna thing. I also get why he did it. I mean Elena honey, pot, you're black! Way to lecture Jeremy. How about you cut your kid brother a little slack. It's not like he and Anna broke up. She died! And then didn't he try to kill himself to be with her? Uh yeah. He deserves a kiss goodbye. That boy has lost everyone he's ever loved except Elena and she acts like he doesn't exist half the time. Stefan Stefan Stefan. Ugh. I'm so over her undying tunnel vision of love for him. Blech.

As for Michael, I think Damon made a comment about him to Mason, no? I can't remember now what it was. So he knows something went wrong. That leads me to believe Katherine is still around or else how would he know?

And yes, Tyler missing was not cool. They have his mom and ghost Mason running around and no Tyler anywhere? Where was he? Off feeding on humans with Rebekah? That can't be good!! Also no ghost Jenna? And if the ghosts only show up because someone is thinking about them, who's responsible for the tomb vamps showing up??

4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Yeah, obviously Damon knows that Katherine's waking of Michael didn't go well. Mason knew, too, he even mentioned Michael's name after Damon alluded to it. I'm sure we'll be let in on that story soon.

I think that once the door was opened by Bonnie sending Vicki back that the rule about someone needing to think about the dead person for the ghost to appear no longer applied. Any ghost who hadn't moved on and was still lurking because they had unfinished business could come through. At least that's what I thought happened.

edit: And I thought that Elena did good by pointing out Anna is a ghost and that Jeremy needed to move on. Even thought Stefan is a vamp, he's not a ghost, so not the same thing IMO.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I liked Caroline kicking ghost butt.

I loved Anna, too but Jeremy, you're a dope. The girl's a ghost. Say goodbye to the Bonnie booty.

I'm rapidly getting tired of Elena and Stefan. I'm beginning to hope this show spins off another show with everybody in it but those two and useless Jeremy.

I was really, really bored and Twilight was on F/X, so I watched it. Yes, I know I lost about 27 points from my man card for that. Women who fall in love with vampires are just plain stupid. I'm looking at you, Elena.

6. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Her hypocrisy lies on her lecturing him on kissing Anna while yes, Anna is a ghost...umm Damon wasn't? Oh but he was dying so it's okay to cheat on your boyfriend to give him a smooch on his death bed. That's totally better than Jer kissing his ghost girlfriend that he never got to say goodbye to. :rolleyes:

7. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    If only she'd be upset enough to leave town for good. :D

I don't understand the Twilight thing. The guy that plays Edward is one of the most repulsive guys I've ever seen. And the girls just FAWN over this guy. They could have hired any one of the men from TVD and I'd have probably watched it. Not with that dude. UGH.

8. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I was so hoping that this would be the end of jeremy, that closing the door would mean he'd have to get re-dead.

WTH is with his accent?

9. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I understand what you're saying. I don't agree, but I understand.:) I'm not hating on Elena right now, so I think it's easy for me to find good in what she said to Jeremy. I think it's great when an older sibling looks out for their younger sibling. She was trying to keep Jeremy from making a mistake. Not that she hasn't made the same mistake, but I liked that she was trying to look out for him.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Elena's mistake is that she's harboring a vampire who has killed god knows how many thousands of people in his life. But she doesn't care. She's in wuv. He's just having a temporary problem with his humanity now but he'll get better. It's like she could rationalize being bin Laden's girlfriend as long as he hadn't killed anybody in the last two months and did her math homework. Jeremy's mistake doesn't even come close to hers.

11. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I think she was trying to keep Jeremy from making her same mistake.

12. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Yep, this is how I see it.

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I hadn't been keeping up with this show. I'd only watched the first episode of the season and had 8 more on my DVR. Last night I decided to watch an episode and I quickly remembered why I like this show.

I ended up watching 6 episodes last night :eek: and am going to watch the last 2 as soon as I get home from work today. Really love this show!! :up:

14. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Man Card firmly in hand:
    This is one of the shows I let get behind this season, just had more I wanted to watch sooner rather than later.

Watched 2 on Wednesday, 2 more last night.

Might be caught up by the time the next new ep airs.

phox

15. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    That would be tonight. ;)

16. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Well then, I should be caught up just in time for the next episode. Maybe I'll be watching 3 episodes tonight.

17. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    That's the thing about TiVo's and DVR's, you really never know when a show airs, if it's on a break, or if it's coming back soon.

I even run 2 stations that air this, but I have had Thursday's off for a couple months.

phox

18. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    That's only true for shows I don't love. All my favorites I'm on top of. :)

19. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
  20. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    This is the only show I watch almost live. Let the TiVo get a 20 minute buffer, and then it's on!