The Vampire Diaries - "Bringing Out The Dead" - OAD 2/2/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Feb 3, 2012 #1 of 23
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    First I have to do 2 quotes:

1) I almost peed myself with this one:
    Dear Elijah. Let’s plot together about the destruction of your brother. xoxo. Damon.

2) Ha. I love when Alaric calls Damon names:
    Damon: Well, why don't you just ask Ric if his dirty little doctor had access to the weapon?
    Alaric: You're on speaker phone, dick.

Not loving Elijah's new haircut but that's small matters compared to how happy I am that he's back! And the note in his pocket from Damon was so damn funny. Almost word for word how I imagined Damon would leave a note so he'd know it was him that pulled the dagger out. Also loved that he held true to his word this time against Klaus..... well until Mommy showed up. Now I'm again concerned. I would have liked all the originals vs Klaus. This isn't nearly as entertaining. I already hate the SL.

Figured they'd kill Caroline's dad off. No way was he going to turn. I'd have called serious foul if he had. Matt shows up to comfort Caroline instead of Tyler. Ugh. At least it wasn't Klaus.

All men love all Petrova doppelgangers. Of course. <insert eye rolling here>

Overall great episode.

2. Feb 3, 2012 #2 of 23
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Still loving this show.

I was really hoping Momma witch was gonna kill Klaus, but guess it couldn't be that easy.

Speaking of Momma witches, wonder what happened to Bonnie and her momma?

And who's going around killing/trying to kill people? Glad they didn't succeed with Ric!

3. Feb 3, 2012 #3 of 23
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    How many times has Rick done his Capt. Jack Harkness imitation?

I have to chuckle and do an eye roll every time I see the 8,000 candles whenever Bonnie or some other witch does a spell. The Mystic Falls Candle Shoppe must do a great business.

I don't get this doppleganger business at all. If Elena has a child, she's a doppleganger too? That makes no sense.

Everybody in the original gangsta vampire family has a different accent. I lol'd when I saw the brother with the Fabio hairdo.

The previews for next week look awful, awful, awful.

4. Feb 3, 2012 #4 of 23
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    They made it a point to say something like "keep the line alive and every few centuries a doppleganger will show up." So no, not every generation has a doppleganger. That's what makes Elena so special.

5. Feb 3, 2012 #5 of 23
    cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    That makes sense.

6. Feb 3, 2012 #6 of 23
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Please don't yell at me but it's Ric, short for Alaric IF you must shorten it. I personally hate that they all call him Ric. Alaric is such a cool ass vampire hunter name!

And yes, the accents on the originals is quite funny. The two new brothers aren't even slightly impressive looking yet. Hopefully they act better once they actually speak more. Or maybe not, they can get daggered and we can be done with them. More focus off Elijah and that ain't cool!

And I had to LOL at someone calling it a doubleganger on another board.

7. Feb 3, 2012 #7 of 23
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    One more thought. For all the hype we got about Klaus before he showed up, not only is he NOT living up to his reputation but JHC is there a contractual obligation for Joseph Morgan to cry like a ***** at least once per episode. Yeah, sooooo scary that one is.

8. Feb 5, 2012 #8 of 23
    Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I want to point out that it was his mom, the original witch, who was in that coffin.

9. Feb 5, 2012 #9 of 23
    Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Sorry, on my phone so I can't edit my post. I was pointing out that I called it a few weeks ago.

10. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Have they ever actually called her the Original witch though? I think they have cage-ily avoided calling her that.

11. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    This entire post made me LOL. Just awesome.

12. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Can Klaus be staked with one of those daggers? I know he is a hybrid or whatever. Wondering if his family could stake him and put him in a coffin for a couple hundred years.

I look forward to the next episode to see what's coming with this vampire family and witch mom.

13. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I thought that was the consensus. :confused:

She's a witch and she's the original's mom. I think people are saying original witch but maybe not exactly meaning the original witch. If I remember from flash backs there was another [token black] witch there with them, no?

14. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Doesn't there have to a Bennet ancestor there? :D

15. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    My question is who sealed the coffin way back then if it needed 2 generations of witches? :)

16. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Good question. I fear the writers are just messing up on consistency with a lot of this.

17. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Again, I probably wasn't paying adequate attention but is mom a witch or a vampire/witch hybrid thingy? If she's a witch then why isn't she dead? Didn't Klaus kill her? Or is this going to be one of those ridiculous explanations they pull out of their butts and we just have to accept it?

18. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    As far as we know, she is just a witch.

But I am sure there will be a butt pulled explanation.

I love this show - so many pretty people. But I do think sometimes the writers trip over their own plots.

And I can never tell what time it's supposed to be. There is no continuity of timeline. Keeps things interesting!

19. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It's that time of the year when nobody has to go to school and nobody has to go to work. And it never rains or snows.

20. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I second the pulling from butt explanation. I like that they gauge fan reactions to story lines and go from there but at the same time not planning things in advance further than they do makes it far too often they must make up some half cocked explanation. I just go with it. As long as they don't kill off Elijah again. Or if he MUST go, it better be taking Klaus with him. I'm just about over Klaus on my screen.