The Vampire Diaries - "As I Lay Dying" - OAD 5/12/11 *season finale*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, May 12, 2011.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well that was interesting enough!

I was totally waiting on Alaric to drop dead. Had myself completely prepared for it the second she said the word "consequences" with Alaric right there. So glad they didn't go down that road. But Jeremy sees dead people? I don't get it. Why wold that be a consequence?

Refuse to get pissed about Elijah because I have no doubts he will be back next season. NONE. End of story. Season of the Originals isn't much of a story with just Klaus. Duh. ;)

Stefan might actually be interesting next season. Whodathunk. Damon and Elena cannot get together while he's out "ripping" it up with Klaus. That would be far too tacky and I'm sure not even Plec is that tacky.

Loved the moment with Caroline and Liz. I wouldn't have believed it if Liz had done anything but hug her. You could see the veneer cracking and then burst. Nice acting!

So I guess Katharine is on the loose again. Nicely done. I am glad they didn't kill her off. This way she can show up again at some point but not be an integral character and give poor Nina a break....... unless of course she has to play whoever these two are the doppleganger of! No sleep for you missy!

Oh and ANNA! YAY!

2. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    This show continues tobe a thrill ride with no stop twists.

That final scene made me remember just how lucky Jeremy has been. I think he would be bored out of his mind if he got involved with an ordinary girl, eh?

'Course, his first wasn't turned until his booty call days with her were essentially over. But still...

Loves me some Anna.

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Anna!!! Yay!

Long wait until next season. Boo!!

What did the Sheriff say to the paramedics when the gunshot victim she called about wasn't there when they arrived? Just kiddin'! April Fools!

And what was up with Tyler's mom getting all bossy?

I thought the consequence would be that Bonnie would drop dead to replace Jeremy since the witches were getting tired of her ass.

I'd swear that I saw Bianca Lawson listed in the opening credits. Was she in this episode and I missed her?

I knew Stefan would turn bad eventually. He's too much of an Angel ripoff to remain good forever. Unfortunately, now that he might get interesting, it looks like he'll be stuck to Klaus' hip and I can't stand Klaus.

4. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    It's interesting you guys want Stefan to 'get interesting'. I guess I just don't understand how being dark and a killer makes someone more likable or interesting. Stefan has a dark past, he wants to do the right thing but sometimes gets a little violent, he has a great love for Elena. I'm fine with his character, and don't really want this trip to the darkside.

You know why they are going there? So it doesn't seem so disgusting when they hook Elena up with Damon. Like, hey, if Stefan can be bad and I loved him, might as well give it a try with this monster!

5. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    "I see dead people!"

I love this show!!!

6. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    He sees dead people! HA! Love it. Hot as they are, doesn't seem like such a bad consequence.

I'm getting a very Veronica Mars
    rotating boyfriend
    vibe here. That's ok, I'm allll over Elena getting it on with Damon.

And yes, Stephan is very much paralleling Angelus. But he IS more interesting evil so that's cool.

I thought Stephan was working on building up an immunity to human blood? Did they drop that entirely, or is that going to allow him to "recover"?

Loved the scene with Caroline and her mom. Liz is finally understanding that it's not as black and white as she thinks.

7. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    Elena was close this season to going to Damon anyway, Stephan going away for any time just seals that deal, imo. When he returns, he'll feel betrayed and be a blood thirsty ripper, should set things up well :)

Agree that we haven't seen the last of Elijah and the Originals (cool band name). I think Damon/Elena find them next season and unless a family of them against Klaus..

8. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I don't know, I think Elana would feel betrayed that Stefan just threw their relationship in the garbage to save his brother. Don't forget all the people he's going to be "ripping", how could Elana just let that go?

My only issue was how did Stefan think Klaus wasn't going to kill him? In the last episode Klaus made it pretty clear after he killed Jenna that he was going to use Stefan as a play thing, then eventually kill him.
    Besides that everything was all good!

I actually thought Jeremy would be coming back as a zombie or something. Especially since no vamps were around when he came back to life, they would probably still smell the death on him.

9. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    oh i'm not saying Elena won't have justification in her mind to shag Damon, just that Stefan will see it differently and there is lots of room for conflict going forward!

yeah, maybe Jeremy comes back as the only thing Klaus can't kill - or something like that, another supernatural being ... but hopefully not, i'm not sold on the actor playing Jeremy to be honest, he's the weakest one on the show to me.

10. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I'm so mad. Again, they tease with the 'death' of Jeremy and then stupid Bonnie brings him back to life. Damn. Though I was a bit confused about why the ring wouldn't save him. Did Bonnie say it was because a human killed him that the ring didn't work? Is that new or have they said that before and I missed it?

Even though Stefan has gone all bad for now, eventually he'll be back to his boring self. I don't like Stefan evil or nice, just don't like him. But don't think I'll ever get lucky enough that he'll die for good. At some point I suspect he'll go back and pull the knife out of Elijah. Hope they don't wait too long for that to happen.

Funny that the first 2 dead people seen are Anna and Vicky. Love Anna, but couldn't care less about Vicky.

11. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Protects from the supernatural. I think that's been the premise on that from the start of the ring thing.

12. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Nope, he was having small sips of human blood to be stronger. He was taking small amounts of vervane to build up a tolerance of that and not to be compelled by originals. IIRC.

13. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Actually he was drinking from Elena to build up a tolerance. Plec after finale interview confirms it.
    Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/13/vampire-diaries-season-2-finale/

14. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    It was her voice when Stefan was talking to her through Bonnie, asking for help to cure Damon.

15. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm reading the EW recap of the finale and it keeps referring to Tyler's mom as the mayor. When did this happen?

16. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Maybe she's "acting" mayor.

17. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    She is acting Mayor since her husband died, as far as I know. I think it was briefly mentioned shortly after that.

18. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'm all caught up on this show. I watched the first two episodes of this series when it first premiered. I thought it was lame and quit watching it. I would hear from different podcasts that the show got a lot better and was actually really good. Well, I've been so addicted to this show, I watched 40+ episodes in less than 2 weeks. :)

From other tv shows and movies I've seen, it seems seeing dead people can get very annoying. Like they are constantly there and asking you talk to their living relative, etc... I have a feeling Jeremy will have an interesting time next season with the dead people.