The Vampire Diaries 11/3/2011 Ordinary People

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Nov 4, 2011.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Great ep. Loved the back story on the originals. Michael is scary in the way Klaus never was. Yikes, I'm really glad he didn't rip out Damon's heart!

2. walkerism

walkerism The Clean Up Man

Aug 16, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Did I hear correctly in the previews that next week is the season finale?

3. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I think it said mid-season finale. They seem to be cutting seasons in half these days. Probably means repeats for a few weeks?

4. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Next week will be episode 3.10. So about halfway through the season. I imagine they will then take a break until after Jan 1st.

5. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I like Michael, but...

Vikings? In Virginia? With a black witch? Huh?

Where does the doppelganger come in?

Why did Elijah not recognize his Mom's necklace on Elena's neck last year?

6. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Busy day! Now I have to reply to everyone. :D

No doubt! Klaus is ridiculous compared to Elijah or Michael.

They do this every year though. Too many breaks!

Not quite half. We get 22 episodes each season and if you look at the dates on last season, they do more than one little mini hiatus.
    http://old.tvrage.com/The_Vampire_Diaries/episode_list/2

It's a show about vampires, werewolves, witches, doppelgangers, ghosts & hybrids. I think I can handwave vikings in VA. :p

Good question about the doppelganger though. I kept asking myself why Elena ...being the damn thing..... isn't asking about where that comes into play in this story Rebekah is telling. Frustrating to say the least.

What's even more frustrating is the teeny, tiny bit of Elijah we got, flashback only no less.... with bad hair and very few lines. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

What I did LOVE LOVE LOVE about this one is FINALLY everyone gets it is not about Elena or epic love between her and Stefan. It's about epic love between two brothers. I almost did a cartwheel when Stefan broke being compelled to save Damon from Michael. YAY! This episode leaned heavy on the bonds of family. I do wonder if Rebekah will really side with them and try to kill Klaus with the truth that he's the one that killed their mother. No wonder he's scared of daddy!!

Other random thoughts.....
    Bad: No Carline or Tyler.
    Good: Brotherly love, Elena and Damon's real feeling scene at the end, Alaric getting practically giddy trying to figure out the cave drawings (he really is a history nerd), no Matt, Damon's play bite when teaching Elena to fight (hee) and Damon & Stefan drinking buddies.

7. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    One way you could argue Stefan's saving Damon is that he has been tasked by Klaus to protect Elena. Keeping Damon alive helps protect Elena. So he's still obeying in some way.

8. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    You shut up with that talk! It was NOT about Elena. I don't hear that...... la la la la la la la la la la la la

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It looks like Damon finally got to sleep with Elena although it probably wasn't as he wished.